A new Ukrainian NGO, with its activity in the area of political education is seeking a Project Manager.
The Project Manager, a senior-level position reporting to the Board of the NGO, will be responsible for effective management of the activity of the non-governmental organization, for developing, leading the planning and implementation of project, defining project tasks and resource requirements, writing successful funding proposals on behalf of NGO, etc.
- lead the planning and implementation of project (organise education sessions, meetings of the Board of Directors and Supervisory Board, PR-events, workshops, etc.)
- facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- define project tasks and resource requirements
- develop full scale project plans
- assemble and coordinate project staff
- manage project resource allocation
- plan and schedule project timelines
- track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- quality assurance
- constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to both Board of Directors and SB
- present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- project evaluations and assessment of results
- Write/review proposals targeting a broad range of donors (corporate, institutional, family foundations, high net worth individuals, including navigating RFPs)
- Build and cultivate relationships with a diverse range of donors and partner organisations
- Manage reporting requirements, including those with government institutions - Manage direct mailing process/ mail merge
- Create quarterly e-newsletters to update donors
- Liaise with partners, donors and sponsors
- Design, plan and mount occasional external fundraising events
- Raise organisation’s profile
- Keep website current – ensure that content is updated or removed at the appropriate time
- Populate and update website
- Serve as project manager for website. Manage Web Developer and ensure web project deadlines are met.
- Seek ways to improve search engine optimisation and regularly review key words
- Analyse and report statistics
Background and qualifications:
The successful candidate is an organised, independent worker and thinker who can juggle priorities with a scrupulous eye for detail. S/he is proactive, disciplined to work to deadline pressure, thrives in a high-energy environment and works quickly and creatively. S/he is goal driven and able to meet targets and think strategically, with the ability to plan ahead and prioritise.
- qualification in project management or equivalent
- knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- direct work experience in project management capacity
- proven experience in people management
- proven experience in strategic planning, risk management
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- planning and organizing, decision-making
- communication skills
- influencing and leading
Candidates must be able to communicate, negotiate, write and edit in both English and Ukrainian fluently. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate articulately to an extensive range of constituencies in writing and in person is required, and experience in managing a team is desirable. Previous experience of work in NGO’s and in successful fundraising and proposal writing is highly preferred.
Experience in web content management tools and desktop publishing is a plus. Should be confident working with databases and Excel spreadsheets.
Degree preferred and experience in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors desired.
Position is full-time. Remuneration level to be determined based on the results of the interview.
To apply for the role, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CV and cover letter to be sent in English.
Please note, the position is based in Kiev and there is no funding available for relocation costs.