The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks applicants for a Program Coordinator to lead an anticipated program focused on strengthening legal ethics and rule of law in Ukraine.
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks applicants for a Program Coordinator to lead an anticipated program focused on strengthening legal ethics and rule of law in Ukraine. If awarded to ABA ROLI, the program would be aimed at supporting the professional development of defense lawyers and prosecutors in Ukraine through the provision of soft skills training. The program would help create a new generation of legal professionals with high ethical standards and social responsibility, ready to serve their communities and support judicial reforms in Ukraine.
The Program Coordinatorwill be the lead implementer responsible for compliance with the project’s activities, timeline and outputs. This Program Coordinator will organize all project activities and manage day-to-day communications with local partners and stakeholders across the country. The Program Coordinator will also monitor activities and lead frequent evaluation check-ins with ABA ROLI staff in Washington, DC. S/he should be a Ukrainian citizen with in-depth knowledge of the country’s judicial processes and have at least five years of international development and program management experience.
The duties of this post include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establishing and managing the ABA ROLI program, including ensuring program goals are met, resources are utilized in accordance with budgets, and monitoring and evaluation are undertaken;
- Ensuring compliance with U.S. Government (USG) requirements and ABA policies;
- Initiating, nurturing and expanding working relationships with the Office of the General Prosecutor and its regional branches, Coordinating Center for Legal Aid Provision and its regional offices, civil society organizations (CSOs) and academic institutions;
- Serving as point of contact for program with the USG;
- Administer the programmatic aspects of subawards, including developing RFAs, reviewing applications and conducting pre-award due diligence, award implementation, and close-out;
- Actively engage with subgrantees to ensure effective implementation of subgrant activities, including frequent communication, reviewing programmatic reports, and making site visits;
- Developing and monitoring budgets in cooperation with Finance and Program staff; and
- Other duties as needed.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in international development and program management;
- Master’s degree in the law sciences, international relations or other relevant fields;
- Solid and thorough understanding of the prosecutorial and anti-corruption reforms context in Ukraine;
- Experience working with USG donor-funded projects, ideally with familiarity with U.S. regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with Ukrainian government entities, academic institutions and other relevant stakeholders;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in English and Ukrainian;
- High degree of organization, professionalism, integrity, trustworthiness and flexibility;
- Ideally, experience working in a non-profit/association/CSO setting.
- Well-established contacts with advocates groups and associations and regional prosecutorial offices would be an asset.
Please send a resume and cover letter with “Soft Skills Training Program Coordinator” in the subject line to [email protected] by September 25, 2020