Tetra Tech ES Inc. announces paid summer internship and is looking for young and ambitious students to provide daily support and interpretation/translation services. This person will be part of the Cross-Cutting team.
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), “an independent agency of the United States federal government” and “the world’s premier international development agency and a catalytic actor driving development results”, and implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based “leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development”.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP will work closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES Inc. announces paid summer internship and is looking for young and ambitious students to provide daily support and interpretation/translation services. This person will be part of the Cross-Cutting team and report to the HR/Office Manager.
The opportunities are aimed at helping the interns to:
- Gain a real-world work experience related to their field of study and future employment;
- Experience working in a well-known and established international organization(s) and multicultural team(s);
- Be exposed to the project(s) of international development services in Ukraine.
In return, the interns are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Provide daily support and interpretation/translation services, including but not limited to project documentation and presentation preparations;
- Provide language support to team members on daily basis;
- Attend project meetings and translate during meetings, as needed;
- Other responsibilities, as designated by the project needs.
- Ukrainian citizenship;
- Advanced or fluent English is a must; fluent Ukrainian required; fluent Russian is an extra benefit;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, etc.;
- Strong time management and organizational skills, the ability to effectively multitask;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to follow directions;
- Enthusiastic and collaborative team player.
Interns are expected to commit 40 hours per week from Monday till Friday during summertime. If a selected individual is able to commit to ESP after the summer, ESP would look for a 20hour commitment per week from Monday till Friday during the studying semester. Internships will be negotiated for 2-6 months with the possibility of extension up to 9 months.
Interns are eligible to work under civil law agreement for a fixed monthly compensation USD 300 per month (including deduction of taxes and other mandatory payments) paid in UAH equivalent.
To apply: Please submit a 2-page CV in English and a completed questionnaire form indicated below to UESPjobs@tetratech.com.
All qualified candidates will be given equal consideration; however, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until enough suitable candidates are found.
There is no closing date for applications this job posting.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.