Асистент проекту в IFES.
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Prоject Assistant. As a member of IFES Ukraine program team, the Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting implementation of timely, high quality activities under the supervision of IFES Gender and Inclusion Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support program logistics, event preparation, monitoring and implementation of activities under direction of supervisor;
- Edit, format and contribute to IFES reports, including informational emails, operational reports, publication materials, donor reporting, presentations and other reports;
- Contribute to collection and tracking of indicators and other monitoring and evaluation support;
- Maintain project records and documents;
- Conduct reviews and edits on writings, comments, and reports produced in-house;
- Plan and expedite travel and accommodation arrangements for IFES programming throughout Ukraine;
- Attend meetings at request of supervisor and take meeting minutes;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials as directed;
- Translate written documents and provide verbal interpretation for staff as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, counterparts and partners;
- Willingness to adhere to principles of confidentiality;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relevant field required;
- Knowledge of Ukraine’s electoral and political landscape (preferred);
- Familiarity with gender equality and social inclusion areas (preferred);
- Prior experience organizing events and logistics;
- Excellent English and Ukrainian language writing skills;
- Working level proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
TRAVEL: Domestic travel may be required.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and Letter of Interest, with “Application for GESI Project Assistant” in the subject line, to Maksym Palamarchuk at email@example.com copying Kateryna Polishchuk firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 13, 2020 23.59 Kyiv time.