Chemonics seeks qualified specialists for the USAID Ukraine Democratic Governance East (DG East) Activity. DG East aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in Eastern Ukraine and effectively promote civic awareness, social entrepreneurship, citizen engagement, and the benefits of broad integration into the Euro-Atlantic community through more responsive local governance in areas most affected by conflict and divisive influences. The position will be based in Kyiv.
Responsibilities for this position include:
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for supporting the full human resource needs of the project and its short-term and long-term Ukrainian and international personnel. This position will operate under the oversight of the Operations Director (Kyiv). Specific responsibilities shall include:
· Coordinate recruitment activities such as posting job announcements, long list and shortlist development, coordinating interviews, filing all interview records, processing selected candidates (e.g., biographical data form processing and verification) in preparation for USAID approval, preparing labor and local Independent Consultant agreements;
· Assist in the development and implementation of a human resource program in the areas of employee relations, benefits and welfare administration, policies and procedures;
· Coordinate employees’ performance management, assessment and improvement initiatives;
· Coordinate various employee relations initiatives, including new employees’ orientation, exit interviews, etc;
· Coordinate training and other staff development initiatives when needed;
· Process staff leave applications and manage leaves of absence as per leave policy;
· Coordinate a health and dental plan for each employee with Insurance Company and support employee to resolve any issues in line with Chemonics International Inc. Field Personnel Manual.
· Coordinate disciplinary hearings and represent project in mediations, if needed;
· Production of required HR reports;
· Maintain personnel and consultant records and ensure that all are properly updated on a routine basis and kept confidential;
· Provide guidance and counseling to staff on HR related issues;
· Ensure that the Chemonics International Inc. Field Personnel Manual and administrative policies, procedures, and manuals are disseminated and understood by all staff;
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of government laws and regulations as they relate to labor, taxation, immigration and any other legal requirements that impact the HR function;
· Liaise with regional offices and home office on HR related issues; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Project Management or related disciplines;
· Minimum of five years working experience in a senior human resources position in a public or private sector organization, development NGO and/or international development partner organization;
· Strong working knowledge of Human Resources principles and accepted practices;
· A good understanding of local labor laws, employment practices, industrial relations and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations;
· Strong leadership capabilities including organizational and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
· High level of computer literacy;
· Fluent Ukrainian and Russian, and excellent verbal and written English required.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image of the DG East program;
· Sensitivity to cultural difference and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding Human Resources Management;
· Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times; and
· Able to travel to project regional offices.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com WITH THE POSITION AND LOCATION BEING APPLIED FOR listed in the subject line by May 6, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”