Project Coordinator / Parliamentary Reform Team Lead в Програму розвитку ООН.
The EU-UNDP Parliamentary Reform Project (PRP) is aimed at strengthening the functioning of the Ukrainian Parliament, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (VRU), to become a progressively more effective, accountable and transparent institution in carrying out its constitutional responsibilities of legislation, oversight, and representation with positive influence on the overall process of EU-Ukraine Association Agreement implementation. The project strategy is aligned with the priorities of the EU’s Single Support Framework for Ukraine 2018 – 2020, the Government of Ukraine – UN Partnership Framework 2018–2022, and the UNDP Country Programme Document 2018 – 2022. It is built on achievements and lessons learnt of the EU-UNDP Rada for Europe project (2016-2018) and will continue to support parliamentary reform, including through promoting the implementation of the recommendations of the 2016 Needs Assessment Mission (NAM). For the continuation of parliamentary reform, top level leadership and political ownership is key, which will be assured through continuous high-level consultations with relevant stakeholders and full transparency of project implementation. The project is an EU-funded initiative strongly connected to UNDP’s Democratic Governance Programme and comprises of three components. Component One, #Rada4Reforms, will focus on fostering the parliament’s role in the overall reform process with a particular emphasis on improvement of the legislative process and parliamentary oversight, by providing comprehensive expert support to the implementation of the VRU Roadmap for Internal Reform and Capacity Building, improving the quality draft law expertise and impact assessment, and enhancing parliamentary monitoring.Component Two, #RadaPro, will support the professional modernization of the parliamentary Secretariat, through the finalisation and implementation of its strategic development plan and comprehensive human resource development, including in the Committee Secretariats, along the lines of broader public administration reform (PAR) and the law “On Civil Service”. Component Three, #Transparent&Service-OrientedRada, by making use of new technologies for communications, civic education and participation in coherence will build stronger transparency and accountability links between parliament and citizens with special focus of increasing public trust to the Ukrainian Parliament.In this context, the United Nations Development Programme is recruiting a Project Coordinator/ Parliamentary Reform Team Lead with relevant experience and track record.The Project Coordinator/ Parliamentary Reform Team Lead is responsible for coordination and implementation of the Project under the Democratic Governance Portfolio (Programme).
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Democratic Governance Advisor / Portfolio (Programme) Manager, Project Coordinator/ Parliamentary Reform Team Lead will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Ensure overall operational management of the Project and delivery of results in accordance with the project document and work plans and other joint agreements between the parliamentary and governmental stakeholders, EU and UNDP;
- Ensure timely preparation, update and implementation of annual and detailed implementation work plans for the project, and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the project activities;
- Build capacity of and ties with the key partners and stakeholders at the national and regional levels. Establish and maintain dialogue with government officials of parliamentary and governmental bodies, both national and local (where appropriate), NGOs, partners, EU and other donors and communities to provide knowledge and understanding, ensuring an accurate interpretation of the project’s mission;
- Provide substantive input to the project activities, ultimate in-project quality assurance for achieving the overall project outputs, ensure timely implementation of project activities, including reporting on progress vis-à-vis planned activities and expected outputs;
- Coordinate and supervise the work of project team members, experts and consultants, including the preparation of the terms of reference, facilitation of recruitment, engagement of national experts and subcontractors, forward planning of project activities and budget expenditures, activity scheduling, monitoring of work/results and reporting;
- Act as a principal representative of the project during assurance review meetings, evaluations and in discussions and, hence, be responsible for preparation of review and evaluation reports such as the Mid-Term and Annual Project Report (APR) for the consideration of the UNDP management;
- Assume direct responsibility for managing the project budget in compliance with the project’s business processes with UNDP Ukraine Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring that:
- project funds are made available when needed, and are disbursed properly;
- accounting records and supporting documents are kept;
- required financial reports are prepared;
- financial operations are transparent; and the project is ready to stand up to audit at any time;
- Assure correct personnel management and procurement of goods/services;
- Coordinate among stakeholders as well as among various structures of parliamentary and governmental institutions on behalf of UNDP in the subject area;
- Keep close cooperation with the UNDP CO on different issues regarding project implementation process;
- Represent the project during the public events, PR and media activities, ensure the proper communication of project results through UNDP communication channels and in accordance with the EU visibility guidelines;
- Establish and maintain dialogue with government officials of parliamentary and governmental bodies, both national and local (where appropriate), NGOs, partners, EU and other donors and communities to provide knowledge and understanding, ensuring an accurate interpretation of the project’s mission;
- Ensure coordination of the project activities with other stakeholders at national level. Ensure the development of cross-programme linkages with other relevant UN and EU-funded projects and programmes and other stakeholders’ projects for mutually reinforcing impact;
- Provide technical advisory support to UNDP in engagement with the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Government of Ukraine, line ministries and other relevant governmental institutions to support the capacity development and implementation of project initiatives. Act as the specialized focal point of UNDP assistance in the subject area;
- Ensure coordination with relevant working groups and information on the project activities are shared;
- Facilitate in collection, analysis and interpretation of data in the field of project implementation in the target regions and Ukraine in general. Ensure availability of an up-to-date information on all critical issues related to the Project;
- Prepare updates to UNDP with situation analysis (political, social, and economic) in the field of the programme implementation, when required;
- Ensure that the Atlas Project Management module is updated on a regular basis;
- Ensure compliance with UNDP project management policies and procedures;
- Perform other duties as requested.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment:
- Full and appropriate implementation of the Project in line with UNDP Financial Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP SOP;
- Partnerships with project stakeholders developed and maintained;
- Project reports produced in time and of a high quality;
- Project overall results, experiences and lessons learned captured and disseminated at the national and regional levels;
- Quality monitoring and closure activities completed.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results:
- Relevant outputs of the project annual work plan are fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery for the Project is reached 100% with SMART indicators proving the level of achievement;
- Project operational requirements are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self –management and emotional intelligence;
- Strong analytical, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals.
Results-Based Project Development and Management:
- Assesses programme financial performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into programme work;
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches:
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals:
- Performed analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributes to the formulation of institutional responses;
- Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for global advocacy work and adapts it for use at country level.
- Ability to manage project/programmes for results, including the ability to translate strategic aims into achievable annual work plans and SMART indicators; and prepare project/programme reports in a timely manner;
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues and establish partnership with parliamentary and governmental authorities, CSO’s, within UNDP and EU;
- Sound judgment and maturity to foster a positive work environment;
- Familiarity with national legislation on recovery issues;
- Demonstrated strong coordination and facilitation skills.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- PhD degree in political or social sciences, international relations, development studies, law, public administration, business administration, project management or another related field; Master’s degree with additional 9 years of extensive relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of PhD degree;
- Minimum 6 years with PhD degree or 15 years of extensive working experience with Master’s degree in programme/project/component coordination and/or management, policy development and analysis, managing teams, national and international experts;
- Experience in delivering capacity development, advisory and advocacy services to the Parliament and/or Government institutions in the relevant fields;
- Experience and knowledge in Development Effectiveness and cooperation would be an asset;
- Knowledge of governance reforms context in Ukraine with a particular focus on public administration reform as defined by the OECD/SIGMA principles of public administration would be an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Familiarity with UNDP project management procedures and experience with ATLAS is an asset;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 30 January 2019.