Tetra Tech шукає фінансового аналітика.
The USAID/Ukraine Energy Security Project (ESP) is a USAID-funded project with the mission to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment, and to increase the resilience of energy supply. The objective is to help Ukraine to achieve broad-based, resilient economic development to sustain country’s democracy. ESP will work closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to correctly implement EU directives-based and competitive energy markets. As a result, the Government of Ukraine will facilitate private sector-led energy investments, increase renewable energy generation and provide secure, reliable, and affordable energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech is looking for a Financial Analyst, who will support analysis of the economics of competitive energy markets, including gas and electricity markets, revenue requirement of regulated market participants, renewable energy, least cost emission reduction strategies, and other project analysis. The Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Energy Economist. This position is based in Kyiv.
1. Contribute to development of national plans, particularly with respect to energy development and utilization.
2. Support efforts to assess the viability of new investments and their attractiveness to investors.
3. Contribute to economic analyses of alternative approaches to energy and/or environmental policies, especially with respect to the pricing of energy commodities (for both supply and demand).
4. Help estimate trends in energy demand as a result of different pricing policies.
5. Support development of financing schemes for energy and infrastructure projects.
6. Help develop policy options for implementation of renewable energy.
7. Other responsibilities, as designated by the Senior Energy Economist.
- At least 5 years of experience with energy sector economic analyses.
- Familiarity with energy planning models for conducting least-cost analyses preferred.
- Understanding of competitive commodity markets is preferred, as well as, the technical, financial, economic mechanisms that are interrelated in the creation of a fully functioning energy markets in Ukraine.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills,
- Able to analyze difficult situations and formulate actions that can lead to desired results.
- Master’s degree, in business management, economics, finance, energy, or a related field acceptable to Tetra Tech.
- Fluent in Ukrainian and English.
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus.
- Experience working with government agencies is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer software for project management is a plus.
*Deadline for applying for this position – January 30, 2019
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The ESP Project is not obligated to fill this position.