Chemonics International Inc. is looking for qualified professional to fill the position of Capacity Building Specialist.
Chemonics seeks qualified specialists for the USAID Ukraine Democratic Governance East (DG East) Activity. DG East aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in Eastern Ukraine and effectively promote civic awareness, social entrepreneurship, citizen engagement, and the benefits of broad integration into the Euro-Atlantic community through more responsive local governance in areas most affected by conflict and divisive influences. The position will be based in Severodonetsk.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Develop and conduct mapping activities to identify local and regional civic actors, such as civil society organizations (CSOs), that will benefit from DG East capacity development training and activities.
• Aid DG East Governance Lead, Governance Specialist, CSO Lead, Mariupol Regional Director, and Activity Management Units (AMUs)to develop sound scopes of work for activities developing CSO and local government organizational and operational capacity.
• Identify capacity building needs for local administrations, local councils, and CSOs in implementing Organizational Performance Improvement and Human and Institutional Capacity Development (OPI/HICD) tools and suggesting/developing relevant capacity-building programs.
• In coordination with Civic Engagement Specialist, design a flexible capacity building “toolkit” to help municipal servants, elected officials, and civil society increase citizen engagement and establish lasting improvements in local government processes.
• Together with the Governance Specialist, Civic Engagement Specialist, and NGO Specialist, participate in the design and implementation of training programs and activities targeting civic actors, such as improving internal operations, creating budgets, managing finances, conducting strategic planning, or procuring goods in accordance with international standards.
• Lead implementation and organizational process for capacity-building and professional development activities, such as for study visits, training sessions, conferences, workshops, and other capacity-building initiatives.
• Assist with the development of curricula and/or related training materials, supervision tools, management approaches etc. to be used in support of capacity building under this project.
• Ensure coordination between and integration among the different capacity building needs and responses of project. Ensure that all the building block components fit together to create a strong, focused capacity building effort.
• Liaise and collaborate with other organizations carrying out capacity building activities to maximize resources.
• Liaise with AMU team members to ensure proper documentation of those who have participated in capacity building training.
• Prepare reports, as required, on capacity development interventions.
• As needs dictate, the supervisor may assign ad hoc special tasks and duties to the Capacity Building Specialist to ensure the overall efficient development of program activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, management consulting, or other relevant field.
• 5-10 years of experience developing and implementing capacity building efforts for the public sector.
• Familiarity with organizational capacity frameworks tools and resources required, such as Human and Institutional Capacity Building, Organizational Performance Improvement, etc.
• Familiarity with the development of management training and quality improvement strategies.
• Knowledge of adult learning principles and their application.
• Facilitation and materials development experience.
• Ability to work in a multinational, multicultural environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and time management.
• Computer literacy: MS windows applications (word processing, excel, spreadsheets, etc.).
• Fluent Ukrainian and Russian language skills, and proficient English language skills required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with their technical area of expertise listed in the subject line by January 11, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit facto