IFES шукає кваліфікованих кандидатів на посаду асистента зі стратегічних комунікацій. Термін роботи - 12 місяців з можливістю продовження. Дедлайн - 21 вересня 2018 року (далі - англ.).
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Strategic Communications Assistant.The position is in Kyiv for 12 months, with the possibility of extension. The Strategic Communications Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the design of IFES Ukraine’s external and internal communications efforts. The Strategic Communications Assistant will also provide administrative support to the IFES Ukraine executive team and provide English-Ukrainian-Russian language support when needed.
Main duties and job responsibilities:
- Drafting and editing documents in support of the program including: promotional/background materials, social media posts, project reports and project correspondence in both English and Ukrainian;
- Overseeing and coordinating IFES Ukraine’s external and internal communications;
- Reviewing and disseminating IFES stories and reports;
- Ensuring compliance with IFES branding, marking, communications and outreach policies and strategies;
- Managing IFES Ukraine external outreach platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts;
- Assisting with the logistical preparation and implementation of program activities such as conferences and trainings;
- Organizing and updating IFES multimedia files—photographs, videos, printed materials—as well as stakeholder contact information;
- Identifying and collaborating with vendors such as photographers, video producers, graphic designers, printers, etc. to ensure high-quality products that meet IFES needs;
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with stakeholders and partners;
- Translating written documents and providing verbal interpretation for staff as required;
- Providing assistance to the IFES Ukraine executive team;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and specifications:
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian; order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required;
- 0-2 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of political issues and elections preferred;
- Experience managing databases, social media sites;
- Prior experience organizing events and logistics;
- Excellent English and Ukrainian language writing skills;
- Working level proficiency in Word and Excel.
Language skills: Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs and letters of interest in English, with “Application for Strategic Communications Assistant” in the subject line, to Viktoriia Opryshko at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 21, 2018.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.