ПРООН запрошує кваліфікованих і досвідчених українських фахівців подавати аплікації на посаду Finance Specialist. Дедлайн - 24 липня 2018 р.
Більше вакансій у розділі Вакансії.
Today Ukraine is facing its most serious challenges since achieving independence in 1991. As the consequences of the conflict in the east of Ukraine, the uncertainty of the social and economic developments is remined in the entire country.Municipal communities, particularly in the peripheral regions and disadvantaged rural areas, are facing many social and environmental challenges and lack of capacities and models to actively participate in the development process. One of the main issues Ukraine suffers from is environmental problem. Under an outdated and highly polluting industrial sector, protection of natural areas is limited and other challenges related to environmental sustainability are raising. Municipal communities need to focus on rehabilitating basic social and communal infrastructure, including in the areas of health, energy efficiency, water supply and the environment. UNDP supports strategic capacity development initiatives to promote inclusive growth and sustainable human development. Together with national, regional and local authorities, civil societies, private sector, UNDP strives to support Ukraine in its efforts to eliminate poverty, develop people’s capacity, achieve equitable results, sustain the environment, and advance democratic governance. UNDP is in line with 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to achieve national strategic capacity development. One of the strategic priorities of UNDP Ukraine is to expand cooperation with International Financial Institutions (IFIs), in particular technical assistance to the final beneficiaries in loans implementation.In order to ensure continued support to our initiatives, UNDP Ukraine invites candidates to send their applications for inclusion in a Roster.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, Finance Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support on financial issues to regional and local government clients. Specifically, s/he will perform the following key tasks:
- Ensure elaboration and implementation of operational strategies and procedures;
- Ensure full compliance of finance activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Ensure effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight. Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management project;
- Ensure efficient management of payment processes;
- Prepare and monitor operations budget, prepare project budget and maintain necessary budgetary controls and records;
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Provide expert financial operations support to the project in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Administration of finance filing system;
- Make regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation of the project;
- Ensure elaboration of proper mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in budget management;
- Participate in evaluation process of bids and proposals, memos, and support preparation of relevant forms and reports;
- Support project management in preparation/revision of Project Implementation Plan;
- Collaborate with the Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) and PIU consultants in:
- Identifying unit costs and standard costs for typical and concrete sub-projects, and assess for each sub-project any cost deviations that could indicate mal-practices, promptly informing the promoter and the Bank;
- Assessing for each sub-project funded under IFI’s early recovery loan any indicators of acquisition of sub-standard services and/or sub-standard equipment that could indicate mal-practices, promptly informing the promoter and the Bank;
- Organizing of trainings on finance related processes to the project staff in the field offices;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the project and Project Manager.
MEASURABLE OUTPUTS OF THE WORK ASSIGNMENT:
- Full and appropriate use of UNDP Financial Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP Standard Operating Procedures during implementation of the Project;
- Reporting, quality monitoring and closure activities completed.
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR EVALUATION OF RESULTS:
- Annual work plan for the Project is fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery for the Project reached 100%;
- The Project operational requirements are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Management and Leadership;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self -management and emotional intelligence;
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches;
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management;
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise, Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures;
- Client Orientation:
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
- High sense of responsibility to ensure that operational objectives, policies and requirements are met;
- Good facilitation skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Familiarity with UN/UNDP financial management procedures and experience with ATLAS would be an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible relevant professional experience in financial management, auditing or related field. Experience with municipal and social infrastructure projects would be an advantage;
- Solid knowledge of audit procedures (local and international financial institutions (IFIs);
- Familiarity with the relevant Ukrainian national laws and procedures;
- Experience in relevant similar multi-sector programmes, in the fields of social infrastructure would be an advantage;
- Prior experience with the UN Agency, International Organization or in projects financed by international donors in the field of finance is desirable;
- Experience working with local partners at the national and municipal level in the international development context would be an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excell, etc.);
- Fluent English, Ukrainian and Russian.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply only:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS 24 July 2018.