USAID / OTI Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative is looking to filthe long term position of the Program Development Assistant
Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, implementing the USAID/OTI Ukraine Confidence Building Initiative (UCBI) Project, seeks a long-term program development assistant (PDA). UCBI provides fast, flexible, short-term assistance to Ukrainian partners in support of successful, peaceful democratic transition and community cohesion in the wake of the conflict and deepened social tensions in the East. The position will be based in Kharkiv, Ukraine with the expectation for frequent travel (up to, approximately, 40% of the time) in and around Kharkiv oblast and Kyiv, as required for project activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in program development. Working with a small Kharkiv-based team, the program development assistant will be integral to developing, implementing, and monitoring activities that engage civil society and government partners.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with other members of the Grants Management Unit (GMU) in accordance with the UCBI grant activity cycle through all stages (identification, development, implementation, close-out).
- Assist the GMU to develop new grant concepts, draft concept notes, and contribute to the writing of grant activities.
- Take a leading role for the GMU in updating the online database to track and report on grant activities at each phase in the activity cycle.
- Assist the GMU to monitor activities, and collect information against activity monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Evaluate grants progress, and coordinate with grantees and other UCBI staff to ensure that M&E data and final monitoring reports (FMRs) are drafted and finalized.
- Identify potential partners through networking and outreach, in coordination with other UCBI staff.
- Analyze the rapidly changing political and humanitarian situation and contribute to weekly, semi-annual, annual and ad hoc program reporting as requested.
- Travel as required to inspect equipment at grantee sites and report on grant progress.
- The PDA may be assigned ad hoc special tasks and duties as required to ensure the overall efficient implementation of UCBI activities.
- At least two years of relevant experience working with donor-funded community development projects in the region and/or NGOs
- Up-to-date understanding of the political environment and social conditions in the country, especially in eastern Ukraine
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout Kharkiv oblast and all other locations where UCBI works
- Fluent in MS Office software
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English, and fluency in Ukrainian and Russian
- Bachelor’s degree
Send electronic submissions to email@example.com by June 30, 2015. Please put “Program Development Assistant-East” in the subject line and include your CV and cover letter. No telephone inquiries, please. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted.