TITLE: Partnerships Coordinator, Bibliomist - Global Libraries Ukraine DIVISION: Civil Society Division
REPORTS TO: Grants Manager, Kyiv, Ukraine POSITION LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine START DATE: Mid-February 2010
IREX seeks a qualified Ukrainian professional to fill the position of Partnerships Coordinator for the Bibliomist - Global Libraries Ukraine Program funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
ABOUT IREX: IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing leadership and innovative programs to improve the quality of education, strengthen independent media, and foster pluralistic civil society development.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $50 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX and its partner IREX Europe deliver cross-cutting programs and consulting expertise in more than 50 countries.
The Bibliomist Global Libraries Ukraine program equips public libraries with access to Internet and provides accompanying training and assistance with advocacy for enhanced library support and services. Bibliomist program started with a planning phase in 2007 and to date has equipped over 200 libraries all over Ukraine. The national program will continue through November, 2013.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: IREX seeks a qualified professional to fill the position of Partnerships Coordinator for the Bibliomist - Global Libraries Ukraine Program. This position will provide oversight of the nationwide contests for public libraries as well as supervision to 25 regional representatives. The position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine with frequent travel throughout the country. The position requires managerial experience supervising staff, experience setting procedures, designing and implementing application processes for open competitions, as well as reporting for international assistance programs. IREX seeks a candidate with knowledge of community development as well as technology use in public libraries. IREX seeks a three-year commitment.
The Partnerships Coordinator will:
- implement application processes and nationwide competitions to select libraries to participate in the Bibliomist program and receive equipment to introduce public access to Internet on their premises; regularly review these processes and seek ways to improve it;
- conduct orientation sessions for libraries entering the program;
- organize and conduct field trainings on proposal writing and project design for potential applicants across Ukraine;
- identify training and other professional development needs of participating libraries and organize additional trainings and networking events for them;
- supervise, organize work and provide guidance to 25 regional IREX representatives working in all of Ukraine’s oblasts; review procedures for improvement and conduct regular and annual performance reviews;
- identify professional development needs of the regional representatives and organize trainings and networking events to address them; and • Provide support to other members of the team in implementing related tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must be well organized, able to work independently, skilled at handling multiple tasks, able to meet deadlines and work in stressful situations, and willing to travel within Ukraine. Other specific qualifications should include at a minimum:
- a minimum 5 years relevant professional experience with at least 2 years management experience within multi-stakeholder and community-development projects/ civil society development projects or international technical assistance projects;
- experience managing program field staff and designing professional development programs;
- expertise in capacity-building of institutions in Ukraine;
- excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to communicate with stakeholders on various levels;
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration or related fields is a plus;
- familiarity with current situation and issues facing the Ukrainian public library system;
- eExperience working with information and communication technology in a development context;
- advanced knowledge of relevant computer applications, including online collaborative tools;
- excellent writing skills in English and Ukrainian; and
- strong command of spoken English and Ukrainian.
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply online with your cover letter, resume, and salary history with “CSD/PC/MV” in the subject line to [email protected] .
No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered.
Deadline for submitting applications is February 14, 2011. However, qualified applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.