The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
The Grants & Contracts Manager for the Ukraine field office is responsible for contributing to the efficient and effective workings of Ukraine team by executing daily grants and contracts tasks with a strong attention to detail. Additionally, the position will assist to other programs in the Europe & Eurasia region, adhering to local regulations and CIPE´s policies. This position is based in Kyiv, Ukraine under the supervision of the Ukraine Country Director and the Senior Grants and Contracts Manager (located in Washington, D.C.). The Grants and Contracts Manager will assist to other programs in the Europe & Eurasia region to ensure compliance with local financial regulations, CIPE donor procedures, and CIPE contract/grant policies.
This role will utilize strong knowledge of grants management, time management skills, and effective problem solving as well as demonstrate knowledge of Ukrainian regulations in labor relations, procurement and experience with international donors.
- Provide management oversight and technical assistance for all matters relating to grants, contracts, and sub-agreements for CIPE projects in Ukraine and other programs in the Europe & Eurasia region on request.
- Support Ukraine program staff in drafting, executing, and managing grants and contracts with partners, vendors and service providers.
- Lead CIPE Ukraine project team with negotiating grants, contracts, and sub-awards.
- Coordinate with Ukraine and DC staff to establish and maintain procedures for effective office operations and procurement, grants and contracts monitoring, and compliance with local law and donor requirements.
- Review sub-awards, contracts, and modifications, to ensure the appropriate donor requirements and flow-down language are incorporated, procurement procedures are documented, and budgeted costs are allowable and reasonable.
- Oversee financial monitoring procedures for partner grants across Ukraine, ensuring compliance with organizational standards and completing necessary follow-up with partners when necessary.
- Review and process payment requests under the grants and contracts and approve expense reports.
- Closely monitor the progress of projects to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget in collaboration with the program team. Assist project teams with monitoring project deadlines and deliverables.
- Oversee sub-award management, including, but not limited to assessing the risk level for sub-awards and determining the appropriate monitoring requirements.
- Maintain accurate documentation to support grants and contracts related activities and ensuring adherence with donor and audit requirements.
- Overall grants & financial monitoring, including troubleshooting and problem solving of grants, contracts, and financial issues related to the activities in Ukraine and E&E Region if necessary.
- • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- • Extensive knowledge of rules and regulations for grants and cooperative agreements.
- • Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- • Minimum five years professional experience with grants & financial management, USG project experience preferred.
- • Demonstrated procurement, financial and tax management experience, specifically with foreign and nonprofit legal entities registered in Ukraine.
- • Demonstrated strong critical thinking, strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- • Fluency in professional written and spoken English and Ukrainian.
- • Ability to coordinate operations and processes with multiple stakeholders (CIPE Washington, DC, Finance, Grants, E&E Program Team and Ukraine office staff)
- • Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- • Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks
- • Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- • Excellent financial acumen and ability to assist with project budgets
- • Strong IT Skills in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Please send your resume to [email protected], Subject: Resume for Grants and Contracts Manager, Ukraine field office (E&E Region)
Deadline: August 1, 2023
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.