The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
The Finance Officer for the Ukraine field office is responsible for contributing to the efficient and effective workings of Ukraine team by executing daily financial tasks with a strong attention to detail. The position will assist with the accounting, financial, procurement, tax compliance and payroll management of the Ukraine Office, adhering to local regulations and CIPE´s policies and in close interaction with UNITS accounting company (Kyiv based). This role will utilize strong knowledge of financial management, time management skills, and effective problem solving. The position reports to CIPE’s Ukraine Country Director and is based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
In close interaction with UNITS and CIPE Ukraine Program Associate is responsible for the following:
Finance and operations
- Manage office financial operations ensuring timely reviewing and processing of payment requests to vendors, consultants, contractors, subgrantees, tax authorities etc.
- Approve expense reports and travel authorizations for the Ukraine program team.
- Prepare regular financial forecasts, statements, expense reports and monthly advance requests.
- Prepare monthly advance requests for funds from Washington, DC with the consultation of the Ukraine Country Director.
- Maintain and monitor office financial, operational and procurement policies.
- Ensure compliance with regional financial processes, in coordination with the Grants, Finance and Operations teams, and in accordance with CIPE’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Ukraine program staff to develop and approve project budgets.
- Monitor project budget spending, including cash flow projections, burn rates, budget forecasts, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of five years of experience is required.
- • Demonstrated accounting, financial, payroll and tax management experience, specifically with foreign non-profit legal entities registered in Ukraine.
- • Fluency in professional written and spoken English and Ukrainian.
- • Proficiency in accounting, financial and payroll software systems.
- • Proficiency in MS-Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- • Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- • Ability to coordinate operations and processes with multiple stakeholders (CIPE Washington, DC, Finance, Grants, E&E Program Team and Ukraine office staff).
- • Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- • Excellent financial acumen and ability to assist with project budgets.
- • Demonstrated strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Please send your resume to [email protected]. Subject: Resume for Finance Officer, Ukraine field office (E&E Region)
Deadline: August 1, 2023
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.