Term of Reference
National Security Officer / Field Security Assistance (National Staff)
JOB TITLE: National Security Officer
Duty Station: Kyiv, or Kharkiv (to be decided)
Working area: Whole Ukraine, with focus on the Oblasts of Kyiv, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv and Kherson
Line Manager: Country Representative
Engagement: part-time, or full-time (to be decided)
WeWorld is an INGO working across 27 countries and is part of ChildFund Alliance. WeWorld has a long-term experience in implementing multi-sectorial responses emergencies (e.g., Syria, Palestine, Haiti, Mali). In Ukraine WeWorld has been providing multi-sectoral lifesaving assistance in Lviv, Kyiv, Kharkiv and Odessa Oblasts, and in newly liberated areas leveraging on existing partnership and capacity to timely identify and respond to needs.
WeWorld offices are so far established in Lviv, Kyiv and Kharkiv and within the next month in Mykolaiv to cover Mykolaiv/Kherson operation.
The WeWorld HQ aims to enable a safe and secure operating environment and ensures continuity of operations in decentralized offices by protecting personnel and other subjects from harmful acts and accidents or natural and technological hazards and safeguarding the integrity of premises and assets.
The post is in WeWorld Offices in Ukraine, specifically at the Field Office in Kyiv, or Kharkiv (to be confirmed). The National Security Officer / Field Security Assistance provides support and advice at the country level for WeWorld programs and activities within the designated area of responsibility (AOR).
The Field Security Assistant/National Security Officer reports to WeWorld Country Representative and/or the Program Manager and is under the technical supervision of the Security Advisor at HQ.
The Filed Security Assistant/National Security Officer will contribute to the safety and security of all WeWorld personnel, assets, programs and projects in the AOR.
Safety and security of WeWorld personnel and protection of the integrity of WW-GVC premises, assets, and operations.
• Advises the Country Representative or the Program Manager -on all Safety and Security matters in the designated AOR.
• Applies and monitors the implementation of established organization and applicable Security Risk Management policies and procedures on Safety and Security in the AOR.
• Makes recommendations with a view of ensuring continuing compliance with Security Risk Management Measures (SRMM) and the Residential Security Measures (RSM) and follows up on these recommendations to ensure their implementation in the AOR.
• Contributes to the continuous coordination with INSO, the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), Italian Embassy Security, with government counterparts and other local authorities in the AOR (political and humanitarian, police, military, etc.) as required.
• Participates at the INSO meetings representing WeWorld and the UNSMS Security Cell meetings contributing to the Security Risk Management process, providing information regarding WeWorld activities and program assessments, and briefing Area Coordinator /Country Representative on issues discussed.
• Contributes to security awareness on Safety and Security by dissemination of security advisories, provision of security training and conducting security briefings for all personnel, visitors, and eligible family members.
• Ensures protection of WeWorld personnel, assets and facilities in accordance with the Country and HQ provisions in Security Risk Management by strengthening the security arrangements at WeWorld facilities through appropriate security and contingency planning and, in close cooperation with partners and donor, UNSMS coordinating 24/7 response to all security-related incidents involving WeWorld personnel and assets in the AOR.
• Advise and assist WeWorld personnel in compiling and submission of security incident reports.
• Provide all WeWorld personnel, particularly external missions, with security briefings, situation reports, and other appropriate security-related information and training.
• Advises and assists the Country Representative and/or the Program Manager in managing crisis situations.
• Contributes to the planning, coordination and execution of evacuations and relocations of personnel.
• Undertakes missions to the program sites in the AOR as required and assesses prevailing local security conditions, identifying security trends and advising personnel on security risk management.
• Directly supervises security personnel including training and performance monitoring of security contractors, guards, drivers, and security escorts personnel.
• Monitors compliance with safety and security rules and reports noncompliance to the Country Representative and/or the Program Manager as required.
• Monitor preparation of field missions, vehicle readiness and safety equipment, including communications. Provide advice and training to mission leaders and undertakes regular visits to project sites to monitor field missions’ execution as per established procedures.
• Monitors and tracks all field missions as they occur.
• Keeps a record of all security related assets (radios, sat phones, medical equipment, protective equipment, etc.) and ensures that equipment is correctly maintained and that WeWorld personnel are trained in their use.
• Plans and coordinates mandatory safety drills in WeWorld premises.
• In charge of security training provision and coordination. Ensures all personnel receives timely the recommended security and safety training.
• In charge of offices and guest houses premises security, including access control, alarms, CCTV, perimeter intrusion systems, security lighting another security and safety devices. Manages security guards and contracted security services provision, if any.
• Undertakes Safety and Security Surveys of offices, guest houses and expats accommodation and advice the Country Representative and staff as required on security risk management measures needed on the premises to achieve full compliance.
• Supports the deployment and utilization of operational emergency communications systems, including its installation, training, operation and maintenance.
• Provides advice on selection and procurement of other appropriate security and safety equipment.
• Any other duty requested by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• University degree in security and risk management, social/political science, military science, public administration, law enforcement, law or related area.
• Five years of relevant experience in security risk management or safety and security service in a national security and/or military setting including 2 years in a leadership role.
• Excellent of Ukrainian is mandatory.
• Working knowledge of English is mandatory.
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Extent and relevance of experience in risk management, safety, and security services, preferably within the Military.
• Extent and relevance of experience with large organizations, preferably with INGOs, would be an asset.
• Extent and relevance of experience in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of safety and security policies.
• Demonstrated experience in writing concise reports in English.
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
• Extent and relevance of experience in risk areas is desirable.
Please send your CV and Resume Letter in English (max. 4 pages) by email to [email protected] with objective> National Security Officer no later than 13 August 2023 at 23:59 Kyiv Time.