Ще не з нами? Зареєструйтесь зараз
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors. NDI and its partners have been working in Ukraine since 1992.
Position Summary: The National Democratic Institute (NDI) seeks a Senior Program Assistant (SPA) to support the Women’s Political Participation program in Ukraine. As part of the Women’s Political Participation program team, the SPA will promote women’s political participation and inclusive recovery and reconstruction efforts at the local level, and ultimately contribute to democracy safeguarding in Ukraine. They will be responsible for providing advanced day-to-day programmatic and administrative support for the implementation of the program activities under the supervision of the senior program officer, and ultimately the Resident Country Director. This position requires a high degree of discretion, strong organizational skills, and good judgment. Working proficiency in English is required. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Job Title: Women’s Political Participation Senior Program Assistant, NDI Ukraine
• With general guidance from the supervisor, work with increasing independence to support the implementation of NDI’s Women’s Political Participation program activities in Ukraine.
• Arrange logistics for NDI activities, including online and in-person conferences, workshops, study visits, and consultations for the NDI’s civil society and other partners.
• Contribute to the implementation of all the program activities and events.
• Prepare meeting/activity notes, background information, and briefing papers when needed.
• Track documents, maintain contact databases, and electronic filing.
• Assist with and provide back-up for the day-to-day operations of the program, responding to routine program inquiries, ensuring prompt and accurate internal communication.
• Cultivate and maintain regular communication with program partners, participants, and vendors.
• Follow political developments, primarily in the domain of gender equality, and assist in the preparation of political updates/analysis.
• Provide high-quality oral interpretation and written translation from English into Ukrainian and vice versa as required.
• Work with the NDI’s Administration and Finance team to prepare payments and reconciliations of program expenditures.
• Work with the NDI’s Subgrants team to support project implementing partners.
• Perform monitoring and evaluation of program activities, in line with the NDI’s performance monitoring framework.
• Develop weekly programmatic reports and contribute to quarterly and annual reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration, International Relations, or related fields, focus on gender would be a plus;
• At least two years of work experience in a related field (gender equality, human rights, civil society development, local governance etc.) required;
• Demonstrated interest in Ukraine’s reform, political processes, advancement of gender equality, women’s political participation, and human rights;
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail;
• Excellent command of Ukrainian is required; working proficiency in English is required;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines, and work well in a team;
• Working knowledge of Google Apps, Zoom, Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Internet.
Submission Guidelines: Qualified candidates are requested to send a CV and motivation letter in English. Your CV and motivation letter should demonstrate your interest and qualifications for this position, and be submitted as a single PDF file.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is March 26, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test, and finalists will be invited for an interview.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, etc.