DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for full-time Service Delivery Specialist position in Lutsk, Volyn region to join USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity’s team. Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
Applications will be accepted until 24 March 2023. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.
DAI Global LLC is implementing the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity, based in Kyiv with project activities across Ukraine’s regions and communities. The HOVERLA Activity will build upon accomplishments and progress made to complete the necessary legal framework for decentralization and support Ukraine’s advance to self-reliant local governance. It supports the operation of newly consolidated communities, improves services delivered to citizens, and advances citizen engagement and confidence at all levels. HOVERLA has three primary objectives:
- • Objective 1: Ukraine’s system of local self-governance is increasingly institutionalized and effective;
- • Objective 2: Subnational government achieves greater self-reliance; and
- • Objective 3: Citizen’s participation and influence is increased in local governance processes
To support these initiatives, DAI seeks qualified candidates to fulfill HOVERLA’s goals.
The Service Delivery Specialist will ensure that the HOVERLA interventions in the targeted areas and the fulfillment of expected activities and results as detailed in annual work plans as well as the achievement of indicator goals.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Service Delivery Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- • Analyze the institutional, organizational, and functional capacity of local governments (LGs) of the selected consolidated territorial communities (CTCs) to effectively exercise their powers in organizing the municipal service provision, and the actual state of such process management in communities.
- • Analyze legislation and best practices (national and international) to recommend the effective organization of the municipal service provision to LGs of the relevant oblast regarding.
- • Support LGs in implementing new legislation on organizing the municipal service provision, including the development of model LG acts.
- • Provide the capacity development and consultative support (consultations, training, mentorship) to CTCs of a respective oblast in municipal services and municipal management (planning, budgeting, and services provision) to perform new tasks and functions delegated from the national level.
- • Support consultations, training, and other capacity development activities for CTCs of a targeted oblast to support LGs in increasing the efficiency of management of communal enterprises, as well as in organizing intermunicipal communities and public-private partnerships.
- • Support consultations, training, and other capacity development activities for CTCs of a targeted oblast to support LGs in the sphere of civil safety and emergency management, waste management, energy management and energy efficiency, renewal services, recycling, sustainable mobility, including transport, climate change, as well as management of public investment projects.
- • Deliver timely, detailed, and accurate updates on oblast-based activities, including activity, weekly, quarterly, annual, and final reports, and other deliverables.
- • Assist in the development and review of such deliverables (implementation plans, project guidelines, etc. as requested).
- • Identify and contribute to success stories and good practices as required by USAID.
- • Maintain regular contacts and good working relations with different stakeholders at the regional and local levels.
- • Provide technical input on oblast/rayon and CTCs profiles.
- Assist the Local Governance Lead in facilitating effective decision-making at the subnational level.
- • Participate in regular meetings with the HOVERLA Kyiv team to discuss technical, administrative, and other issues as requested.
- • Oversee the field work done by the project and the grantees related to municipal services and ensure that lessons learned are cycled back into the program’s future work planning.
- • Communicate and cooperate effectively with colleagues in the Regional Office.
- • Liaise closely and regularly with colleagues in the other regional offices to contribute towards overall coherence and coordination of work.
- • Collect quality data for the MEL plan for quarterly and annual indicators.
- • Other activities as required by Regional Office Team Lead and Local Governance Lead.
- • A bachelor’s degree in the field of Economics, Engineering, Energy, Public Administration, or other relevant fields.
- • At least 8 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience related to project management, in general, and to the design and implementation of capacity development measures for municipalities dealing with the preparation of public investment projects at the municipal level preferred.
- • Experience working with local or subnational governments is a plus.
- • Experience in designing capacity development measures at least in one of the following spheres: communal enterprise management, energy management and energy efficiency, civil safety and emergency management: waste management, sustainable mobility and transport, climate change would be considered as a strong asset.
- • Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g., MS Office).
- • Working knowledge of the English language preferred.
- • Work experience with USAID or other international organizations is an asset.