Ще не з нами? Зареєструйтесь зараз
Expert on arts and crafts of Ukraine promotion
for the Crisis Communications
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 15, 2023
Position: Expert on arts and crafts of Ukraine promotion.
Employment Type: full-time (part-time engagement might be considered), Monday-Friday.
Location: remote job position for now, with meetings in Ukraine once the security situation allows.
Reports to: Sector Lead/Team Lead.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International Ltd.:
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. www.alineainternational.com
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens.
To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe assists the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine (MCIP) to establish effective internal and external communications. The goal is for Ukraine to be well understood and supported globally through the provision of factual and undistorted information about Ukraine, at home and abroad.
SURGe is looking for Expert on arts and crafts of Ukraine promotion who will conduct need assessment, maintain relations with arts and crafts community, develop and implement the concept for arts and crafts promotion, develop deliverables to increase the capacity of MCIP to promote arts and crafts for western audiences and achieve one of the initiative’s objectives: increased understanding and recognition of arts and crafts of Ukraine among international audiences.
• Create links and maintain effective working relationship with arts and crafts community, ensures their engagement in initiative activities when needed.
• Conduct need assessment in the area of arts and crafts promotion.
• Contribute to the development of communication strategy and communication plan for arts and crafts promotion.
• Ensure using accurate and relevant information about arts and crafts of Ukraine for initiative deliverables.
• Provide consultancy support to MCIP to promote arts and crafts of Ukraine for western audiences.
• Develop other initiative deliverables (guidelines, instructions, checklists, draft legal acts etc.) and ensure their acceptance by the MCIP.
• Contribute to the development of the operational plan of the initiative.
• Contribute the development of branding materials for the initiative.
• Implement and monitor results of communication campaign.
• Create links and maintain effective working relationship with promoters of arts and crafts.
• Adhere to the principles of RBM, GBA+ and environmental sustainability in preparation of the deliverables.
• As agreed with SURGe, ensure visibility of the Government of Canada support to this initiative in conferences, meetings, seminars, working groups, interaction with public authorities, non-governmental organizations, and other international technical assistance projects.
• Prepare and draft other documents and activities as requested by SURGe and Government of Ukraine related to initiative’s scope.
Academic qualifications and experience:
• 3+ years of proven experience in arts and crafts development and promotion.
• Master’s degree in history, arts, culture, communications or related area.
• Excellent understanding of arts and crafts landscape in Ukraine.
• Strategic thinking, ability to understand the needs of the client, strong logic skills, ability to identify bottlenecks and develop solutions.
• Knowledge of the government policy making cycle and national reform agenda, public administration.
• Excellent organizational, communication, diplomatic and presentation skills.
Other experience and skills:
• Results driven highly-motivated expert with sound judgement and maturity.
• Strong ethics, well-balanced and mature personality, positive attitude to the job.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly.
• Good command of English, both written and speaking skills.
• Citizen of Ukraine.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to [email protected] by February 15, 2023. Please, include the position title in your subject line and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate in UAH or USD.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: