Senior Data Analyst
for the Criminal Justice Reform Office
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 01, 2023
Position: Senior Data Analyst.
Employment Type: full-time, Monday-Friday.
Location: remote job position for now, with meetings in Ukraine once the security situation allows.
Reports to: Criminal Justice RI Team Lead and the Deputy Minister responsible for this reform component.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International Ltd.:
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. www.alineainternational.com
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens.
To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
The expert team assists the Ministry of Justice with the planning and implementation of the penitentiary reform, which aims to promote wider application of non-custodial measures to offenders who committed minor or medium gravity offences and to create proper conditions for the detention of convicts in penitentiary institutions promoting their rehabilitation and decreasing the risk of reoffending.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to provide consulting services to the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on improving penitentiary and probation data collection, its analysis and visualization for different presentations and reports.
• Support the Ministry of Justice with organization and implementation of the data analysis framework using existing data warehouse and business analysis tools.
• Perform data mining, data exploration and data transformation tasks to enable further stages of data analysis, modeling and reporting.
• Use statistical tools to analyze and interpret data set patterns and insights that could be valuable for preventive and predictive analytics.
• Keep well documented track of findings (trends, patterns, correlations, etc.).
• Design and implement data quality assessment processes, including automated procedures, on an ongoing basis.
• Collaborate with developers Ministry’s civil servants, and management to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications.
• Prepare concise ad-hoc data reports and data visualizations for the Ministry management that will help effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data and support the decision-making process.
• Assist the Ministry of Justice with development of new analytical tools and methods along with supporting documentation as and when required.
Academic qualifications and experience:
• 3+ years on Senior Data Analyst or Senior Data scientist positions.
• Knowledge of database structures, normalization, de-normalization and entity relationships.
• Strong knowledge of the SQL, R/Python.
• Experience with Business intelligence and data visualization tools is a must.
• Data warehousing knowledge and experience is a strong asset.
• Good practical and theoretical knowledge of Machine Learning and Statistical Inference.
• Understanding of unsupervised learning algorithms and Machine Learning metrics.
• Strong data manipulation and data analysis skills.
• Strong attention to detail as well as good problem solving, time management, and logic skills.
• High mathematical aptitude.
• Experience with ELT/ETL tools.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to [email protected] by February 01, 2023. Please, include the position title in your subject line and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate in UAH or USD.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com