Provided by: International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications to fill in the position of Receptionist. Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the Receptionist’s responsibilities will include the following:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintaining Office calendar;
• Answer telephones and transfer calls to the appropriate staff members;
• Accommodate and provide reception services for office visitors;
• Perform general clerical duties for staff upon their request when project assistant(s) are not available; to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing;
• Ensure office upkeep and orderliness, including common and storage areas;
• Set up and coordinate in-house, out-house and online meetings and conferences;
• Assist Office Manager in coordinating drivers/vehicle transportation;
• Manage basic supplies such as stationary and kitchen supplies;
• Assist the Office Manager in coordinating procurement actions and payment requests, adhering to internal and donor regulations;
• When needed, support Country Director with secretarial services;
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
• The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
• Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
• Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues;
• Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
• Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
• Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required;
• Prior experience organizing events and logistics;
• Prior experience in providing receptionist services preferred;
• Experience working with an international organization preferred;
• Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English and Ukrainian languages is required.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with "Receptionist”
in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman [email protected]
no later than January 14th , 2023
, 23:59 Kyiv time. We will consider candidates on a rolling basis.