Ще не з нами? Зареєструйтесь зараз
Title: Head of Programs IFES шукає Керівника/-ницю з програмної діяльності
Provided by: International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications to fill in the position of the Head of Programs. Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director, the Head of Programs will oversee the design, implementation, evaluation and synergy of all IFES Ukraine programmatic interventions in line with approved and future proposals, budgets, workplans and performance monitoring plans. The Head of Programs will provide management, leadership and support to IFES’ Ukraine’s program team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the implementation, design, quality and synergy of all IFES Ukraine activities and results;
• Provide mentoring and management to the IFES Ukraine programmatic team, with emphasis on professional development;
• Ensure the program team has the appropriate tools, skills and knowledge to facilitate the effective delivery of results;
• Ensure effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmatic and subaward activities in line with approved objectives and budgets;
• Ensure programmatic implementation is in line with IFES Ukraine strategy and leadership goals, as a member of the IFES Ukraine senior management team;
• Coordinate with program advisors and administrative teams to ensure prioritization and effective handling of all matters of technical input, planning, procurement, compliance and branding;
• Support programmatic development and fundraising efforts;
• Ensure and contribute to regular and timely programmatic reports by program teams to donors and IFES HQ events, meetings;
• Upon request of the Senior Country Director or Deputy Country Director, represent IFES in various forums;
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
• Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
• Ability to oversee complex programs with limited supervision;
• Business awareness and numerical ability;
• Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills;
• Collaborative and cooperative;
• Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
• Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically;
• Ability to manage staff and work with senior management;
• Excellent knowledge of Ukraine’s political, media and civil society landscape;
• Ability and skills to promote and inspire effective collaboration between individuals;
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills to meet the diverse technical and managerial requirements.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s Degree in the relevant field with minimum of eight years of relevant program and staff management experience or Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of ten years of relevant program and staff management experience
• Professional experience and knowledge in the democracy and governance field, understanding of electoral administration and reform will be considered favorably;
• Experience working with civil society partner organizations and subawards;
• Professional experience and knowledge in managing components of international development programming for funders such as USAID, FCDO and Global Affairs Canada;
• Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English, Ukrainian, and russian languages is required
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with "Head of Programs” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman [email protected] no later than January 15th, 2023, 23:59 Kyiv time.