Ще не з нами? Зареєструйтесь зараз
AWO International is the professional association of the Arbeiterwohlfahrt (AWO) in Germany for humanitarian action and development cooperation. We seek to hire starting of February 2023.
Finance and Administration Coordinator
Kyiv, Ukraine (full time or part time position- minimum 80% position)
About AWO International
Solidarity, tolerance, freedom, justice and equality - AWO’s core values apply across borders. In close cooperation with national non-governmental organisations, AWO International works to ensure that disadvantaged people can sustainably improve their living conditions. In the event of disasters, AWO International is involved in humanitarian emergency and rehabilitation.
AWO International has been involved in Ukraine since Russia’s waragainst Ukraine in February 2022, which violated international law. Together with our Ukrainian partner organisations, we support the population affected by the war. Ourprogramme priorities in Ukraine are emergency relief and rehabilitation with a focus on renovation of buildings, winterisation activities and promoting access to basic social, health and educational services as well as MHPSS. Furthermore, we strengthen Ukrainian civil society and promote gender equality and inclusion.
• Ensuring full compliance with AWO International Financial Policy and the governing legal framework in Ukraine of all financial and administrative actions of the office
• Liaising with Government Agencies, banks, and other financial institutions
• Full accounting andfinancial documentation
• Monthly and yearly financial reporting to Head Office incl. posting of documents
• Regular budget control and support to Programme Manager in budget preparation
• Day-to-Day Management of financial transactions and procedures, including processing invoices, e.g.travel expenses, submitting taxes, petty cash management
• Recording accounts payable and accounts receivable, preparing balance sheets
• Banking (bank statement reconciliations, deposit and payment tracking)
• Procurement Management in line with AWO Financial Policy
• Keeping track of new vendors, coordinating external service providers
• Maintaining and updating asset register
• Preparing and participating in financial audits
• Ensuring full insurance coverage (medical, asset, vehicle, travel) and on-time renewal
• Accurate, timely payroll management (incl. all statutory requirements, payslips, timesheets)
• Maintaining employee records in line with HR policies and Ukrainian legal requirements
• Providing counselling and supporting implementation of labour laws, HR policies and procedures to ensure full legal compliance (incl. health and safety)
• Guidance on AWO Financial Policy and donor requirements, screening and prompt feedback on monthly statements, receipts, balances, and (half-)yearly financial reports
• Regular inspection of books and guidance in order to ensure full compliance
• Support in selection (e.g. due diligence analyses) and onboarding of new partners
• Any other task assigned by the AWO International Programme Manager
• University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar subjects
• Minimum 3 years of work experience as Finance Officer or a comparable role in Ukraine
• Advanced competences in using financial software and MS Excel, proficiency in MS Office
• Impeccable finance ethics with a strong donor compliance attitude and distinct ability to manage confidential data
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Experience in working with Ukraine Non-Governmental Organisations
• Proven track record in managing public funds and donations, e.g. of international donors
• Fluency in Ukraine and English both written and verbal; German is an asset
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure and independently
• Flexible and able to deal with sudden changes
• Readiness for regular field trips including to the newly liberated areas
• Duty Station – Kyiv, Ukraine
• Contract length until December 2025 after 6-month probation period
• Salary / benefit: According to AWO International’s terms and conditions
AWO International supports a working environment of diversity based on justice and mutual respect.
We look forward receiving your application (cover letter and CV) including salary expectations and starting date in one PDF document to Alina Kozitska ([email protected]) by 8 January 2023.
Please find further information about our organisation and our work in Ukraine at www.awointernational.de.