Ще не з нами? Зареєструйтесь зараз
Are you energetic and motivated to provide life saving humanitarian assistance in most in need areas? Are you a highly professional team player with a background in psychology, mental health, or social work? INTERSOS is creating a unique position to coordinate and deliver life saving assistance!
INTERSOS started working on the Ukraine crisis from the very beginning of the conflict. Today INTERSOS is present in Lvivska, Vinnytska, Poltavska, Odeska, Kharkviska, and Dnipropetrovska Oblasts with bases of operations and warehouses in Vinnytsia, Poltava, Odesa, Kyiv and Dnipro allowing a wide geographical coverage. INTERSOS is currently implementing Health, Protection, NFIs and WASH interventions, funded by UNHCR, SV, OCHA, GFFO, AICS and ECHO encompassing several components: distribution of medicines to Regional Health Departments and shelters and equipment for clinics, Cash for Health, mobilisation of Protection mobile teams, establishment of community-based protection mechanisms, case management for CP/PWSN cases, psychosocial support (PSS), Protection Monitoring (PM), Winterisation, Rapid Responses, and distribution of material assistance to vulnerable individuals and households.
General purpose of the position:
The Rapid Response Protection Officer, in very close coordination with the Rapid Response Coordinator, is responsible for the overall management and coordination of life-saving and rapid protection, - assistance in the most critical and in-need areas of Ukraine through the INTERSOS internal Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM).
The Rapid Response Meachnism (RRM) Protection Officer is responsible for the technical supervision and coordination of all protection-related emergency activities such as protection monitoring, provision of psychosocial first aid, needs assessments, and counselling. S/he will ensure that training and capacity building needs of field protection staff are timely addressed and that the protection services and activities meet quality standards in the sector.
The RRM Protection Officer, together with a dedicated team from logistics, protection, and health units of INTERSOS, is highly mobile and is expected to spend a significant amount of time in newly accessible areas close to contact lines. The position is extremely rewarding as it is addressing the most critical life-saving needs at the forefront of the humanitarian response (first line response).
Main responsibilities and tasks:
In coordination with the RRM Coordinator, ensure the quality implementation of the RRM programme.
• Design and implementation of protection life saving responses in newly accessible and frontline areas (Psychosocial first aid, counselling, referrals, protection monitoring)
• Actively monitor RRM activities through field visits, monitoring, and exchange of information with staff and stakeholders,
• Ensure the smooth implementation of protection activities through efficient data collection and the development/revision of appropriate tools;
• Lead the conduct of rapid needs assessments, and produce high-quality analysis and reports
• Provide regular trainings on key protection topics to stakeholders, other team members, and beneficiaries
• Develop high quality information material on available services, mine risk education, evacuation process etc.
Context monitoring and coordination:
• Constant monitoring of context and new developments, including through formal and social media channels, and alert the RRM Coordinator
• Closely coordinate with national and international organisations, volunteer groups, cluster, and authorities
• Provide regular update through periodic reports shared with the RRM Coordinator on the evolution of the context;
University degree in psychology, social sciences, or other related disciplines;
• 2 years of professional experience with an NGO
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Self-reliant and ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Excellent analytical skills
• ability to adapt to stressful environment and basic living conditions
• Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
• Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment (stress-resilient)
• Solid understanding of and commitment to the humanitarian principles
Please send your CV in English here: INTERSOS Application