Purpose/objective of the position:
Support Protection Coordinator in defining, supervising and implementing GBV or CP component of the Ukraine protection programme.
In close collaboration with Protection Coordinator, provide technical guidance and advices to protection staffs ensuring that specific GBV components of the programme are delivered according to internal guidelines and in line with international standards and principles, in order to achieve mission’s goals effectively, according to INTERSOS human resources vision and values.
Coordination and support:
- • Contribute to design the protection strategy of the mission and provide technical support and assistance to the implementation of the GBV related components
- • In coordination with the Protection Coordinator/Country Protection Specialist, support the contextualization of global guidelines for Ukraine context and provide training and mentorship to national protection staff on their use
- • Ensure cohesion and harmonization of GBV related activities and services across the different implementation sites within the mission
- • Support the Protection Coordinator in the development of Ukrainian language training materials on GBV and general protection as needed
- • Facilitate trainings and workshops in Ukrainian language for GBV staff to build their skills and capacities on GBV knowledge
- • Provide mentorship to general protection / GVB caseworkers on specialized case management, including regular case management meetings to discuss challenging cases and to discuss lessons learned and best practices
- • Help assess GBV needs and gaps of target populations in current and prospective areas of operations, periodically update the protection situation analysis and inform the programme accordingly
- • Ensure that field protection activities are in line with existing SOPs and internal data protection and sharing protocls (that protection data is collected, stored, archived, processed, analysed and disseminated in safe and ethical ways).
- • As needed, undertake field visits and provide support tools to monitor quality of programme implementation
- • Contribute to GBV related components in project proposals
- • Support complaints mechanisms for beneficiaries and make sure complaints are addressed properly
- • Ensure that protection field activities are in line with the the Child Protection (CP) and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) policies
- • Guarantee potential survivors of SEA are interviewed in safety and dignity respecting principles of confidentiality
- • Maintain collaborative working relationships with relevant clusters and related working groups at national and/or field level
- • In coordination with the Protection Coordinator, ensure that main GBV concerns are brought to relevant stakeholders to advocate for the respect of human rights and minimum protection standards
- • Network with GBV Specialists of other missions to share best practices and resources