Ще не з нами? Зареєструйтесь зараз
Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill position of Accountant, Kyiv
ESTIMATED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/LEVEL OF EFFORT: Long-term
BACKGROUND: The USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern and southern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of russia’s aggression, and the consequences of the ongoing war through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East works to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and to (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East provides opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. DG East activities are implemented across four regional portfolios and two physical office locations in Kyiv and Staryi Sambir.
JOB SUMMARY: The Accountant responsible for the program’s accounting, financial management and compliance, including processing accounting transactions according to the general principles of accounting and home office field accounting manuals in line with U.S. and Ukrainian government policies, procedures and regulations. The Accountant will work closely with the Senior Accountant, Finance Manager, Bookkeeper, and Finance Assistants to help the project meet the objectives.
REPORTING: This position reports to the Kyiv-based Senior Accountant.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Senior Accountant to enter and process the monthly field office project expenditures (locals) in ABACUS software.
• Handle vendors’ and suppliers’ accounts including invoices, general ledger maintenance, journal entries. Carry out correct and timely payments to vendors and service providers.
• Process expense reports and assist with financial tracking of local sub-contractors and fixed price contracts as needed.
• Ensure all financial documentation is filed (securely) in both hard copy and scanned and saved in project digital files.
• Prepare package of documentation required for VAT-exemptions. Prepare monthly informational reports and maintain received VAT bills and ensure their timely receiving.
• Prepare letters, correspondence, requisitions and other forms of documents of consequence to be signed by the management.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Accountant, Finance Manager, and/or project leadership.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none.
DUTY STATION: This position will be based remotely from within Ukraine with regular visits to the office in Kyiv, and when the security situation permits in Kyiv, Ukraine.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel throughout Ukraine is required.
• Degree in Accounting or related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience in an accounting position.
• Excellent working capabilities with MS Excel, Word and other accounting software packages.
• Knowledge of payroll, tax issues, and professional accounting principles.
• Proven ability to work professionally, constructively and collaboratively as part of a team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in a challenging environment.
• Fluency in Ukrainian, good written and spoken English
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with Accountant listed in the subject line by January 10, 2023. Candidates must ensure that CV does *not* include a photograph, date of birth, and/or marital status information.
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.