Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com/.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a six-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI works with the wide spectrum of anti-corruption stakeholders, including the specialized anti-corruption bodies, governmental institutions at national and local levels, the private sector, and civil society watchdog organizations. SACCI seeks to promote transparency and accountability during the time of the Russia’s aggression and the Ukraine reconstruction efforts.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Civic Engagement Intern will support the SACCI Civic Engagement Manager with assignments related to engagement of civil society actors. This is a short-term part-time position without further employment.
- • Support networking and collaboration among non-governmental actors, such as CSOs, activists, and professional associations, which work in anti-corruption related areas in Ukraine and abroad.
- • Contribute to assessing citizen awareness and engagement in anti-corruption activities in Ukraine and translate findings into SACCI activity programming.
- • Assist with the implementation of SACCI’s anti-corruption initiatives for CSOs.
- • Assist with designing SACCI grants program for CSOs by participating in the selection of grantees, the work planning process, and providing technical assistance to the projects implemented by the grantees.
- • Provide technical oversight of the performance of SACCI’s grantees, partners, subcontractors, and consultants to ensure timely and high-quality implementation of the activities in line with SACCI’s objectives and standards.
- • Assist with organizing SACCI public events, such as workshops, roundtables, training, etc.
- • Contribute to the development of high-quality SACCI project documents and deliverables as well as analytical research.
- • Contribute to SACCI planning and reporting activities.
- • Collaborate with SACCI team to achieve results and reach targets, implement other relevant activities, and tasks as required.
- • Perform other position-related tasks and duties as assigned.
- • High School Diploma is required. Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in law, political science, or other related field is preferred.
- • Minimum one year of experience is preferred.
- • Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- • Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
- • Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English is required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – 2 December 2022, 18:00 Kyiv time*
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.