Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a six-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI works with the wide spectrum of anti-corruption stakeholders, including the specialized anti-corruption bodies, governmental institutions at national and local levels, the private sector, and civil society watchdog organizations. SACCI seeks to promote transparency and accountability during the time of the Russia’s aggression and the Ukraine reconstruction efforts.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Anti-Corruption Policy Intern will support the SACCI Anti-Corruption Policy Expert and will assist in drafting reports and maintaining contacts with SACCI beneficiaries. This is a short-term part-time position without further employment.
- • Assist with drafting policy documents, including analyzing the applicable legislation and development of policy recommendations.
- • Conduct desk research to inform the drafting and finalizing of policy documents and project quarterly reports.
- • Monitor news and conduct quick research in the anti-corruption sector.
- • Provide readouts/bullets on the key developments in the anti-corruption sector to inform the SACCI management and foster information sharing within the donor community.
- • Assist with developing program memos, information briefs, advisory notes, and position papers on issues of anti-corruption policy development and implementation.
- • Participate in working meetings with partners and in negotiations by producing meeting notes.
- • Edit and proofread texts and documents in Ukrainian.
- • Other duties as assigned.
- • High School Diploma is required. Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in law, political science, or other related field is preferred.
- • Minimum one year of experience is preferred.
- • Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- • Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
- • Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English is required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – 2 December 2022, 18:00 Kyiv time*
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.