The Financial Sector Reform Activity (FSR) in Ukraine is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by DAI Global LLC (DAI). The purpose of the activity is to transform the country’s financial sector into a sophisticated, well-functioning, competitive market that is aligned with European Union (EU) standards and integrated into international financial systems. This transformation will mobilize private finance for sustained economic growth in Ukraine.
The FSR is looking for candidates to fill in the ACCOUNTANT position.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Accountant will provide accounting and financial analysis, support to the project and will ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines. S/he will be responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
- • Carry out correct and timely payments to vendors and service providers. Verify vendor invoices for accuracy.
- • Assist in entering data into the accounting system.
- • Compile backup documentation for all project related transactions and ensure completeness and appropriate review & approvals are documented.
- • Ensure backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines.
- • Responsible for maintaining electronic and hard copy financial documentation.
- • Review the independent consultants’ documents and proceed with payments to the IC’s.
- • Audit travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance, proceed with reimbursement of employees travel expenses.
- • Responsible for reviewing field staff timesheets and ensuring the accuracy of the information included.
- • Lead the VAT Exemption management include provide guideline to staff and partners (vendors and grantees), monitor and update VAT regulations, liaison with Ukraine Tax Authorities, and prepare and submit VAT exemption report to Ukraine tax authorities.
- • Assist in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements.
- • Assist with tracking grant expenditures.
- • Ensure petty cash is maintained according to maximum petty cash policy and that all petty cash procedures are followed. Support periodic cash counts.
- • Perform other related duties as required.
- • Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, such as accounting or finance.
- • 5+ years of relevant experience in accounting.
- • Knowledge of Ukrainian tax regulations and Ukrainian labor laws is required.
- • Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets (Word, Excel,) and accounting software is required.
- • Familiarity with international donors preferred; prior experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- • Demonstrated experience working with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment.
- • Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- • Fluent in English and Ukrainian.
Please submit Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] by December 2, 2022