COMMODITIES AND CAPITAL MARKETS SPECIALIST
The Financial Sector Reform Activity (FSR) in Ukraine is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by DAI Global LLC (DAI). The purpose of the activity is to transform the country’s financial sector into a sophisticated, well-functioning, competitive market that is aligned with European Union (EU) standards and integrated into international financial systems. This transformation will mobilize private finance for sustained economic growth in Ukraine.
FSR will be implemented through four interlinked components:
•COMPONENT 1: Market Regulation and Supervision
•COMPONENT 2: Financial Infrastructure
•COMPONENT 3: Private Sector Intermediaries and Facilitators
•COMPONENT 4: Transparency and Communications
The FSR project is looking for candidates to fill the Commodities and Capital Markets Specialist position.
The Commodities and Capital Markets Specialist will support activities in these two NBFI financial sectors. The emphasis is on developing commodity markets (energy and soft on-exchange commodities trading), but the expert will also be engaged in securities markets. S/he will work closely with key stakeholders, including but not limited to commodities trading platforms, market infrastructure participants, international financial institutions, and the State authorities, aiming to develop transparent exchange and safe settlement and clearing for on-exchange commodities and securities.
Other tasks include:
• Analyze the state of capital and commodity markets and financial infrastructure in Ukraine and recommend necessary steps for their development and modernization.
• Support the implementation of measures (legal/regulatory, technology, new product development, new exchanges) for transparent capital and commodities markets in Ukraine.
• Assess the current on-exchange commodities markets in Ukraine (major participants, trading volumes, pricing, products, physical infrastructure, constraints and limitations).
• Participate in studies and policy dialogues on potential incentives for further on-exchange commodities market, capital markets and financial infrastructure strengthening.
• Support development of a transparent and safe settlement and clearing.
• Analyze energy and agricultural spot and futures markets.
• Creatively use FSR grant and/or procurement funds to support the development of market infrastructure.
• An advanced degree in one of the following areas: finance, economics, management, finance/corporate law, or audit.
• Strong analytical skills and experience in energy and agricultural commodities (spot and futures markets).
• At least 10 years of professional proven experience related to commodities markets (energy and/or agriculture products trading).
• Knowledge and/or experience of Ukraine’s securities markets and of clearing & settlement; familiarity with relevant policies and reforms for commodities and capital markets reforms required.
• Solid and persuasive interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent oral and written English and Ukrainian skills.
This position will report to the Component 2 Team Lead.
Please submit Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] by October 16, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.