The Financial Sector Reform Activity (FSR) in Ukraine is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by DAI Global LLC (DAI). The purpose of the activity is to transform the country’s financial sector into a sophisticated, well-functioning, competitive market that is aligned with European Union (EU) standards and integrated into international financial systems. This transformation will mobilize private finance for sustained economic growth in Ukraine.
FSR will be implemented through four interlinked components:
• COMPONENT 1: Market Regulation and Supervision
• COMPONENT 2: Financial Infrastructure
• COMPONENT 3: Private Sector Intermediaries and Facilitators
• COMPONENT 4: Transparency and Communications
The FSR project is looking for candidates to fill the Alternative Finance Specialist (Financial Leasing) position.
The Alternative Finance Specialist will manage and implement FSR activities to develop Financial Leasing for financing SMEs. S/he will also contribute to the analysis and introduction of other alternative financing instruments to conventional bank loans. The Financial Leasing Specialist will work closely with key stakeholders, including but not limited to financial leasing companies and commercial banks, NABU, UUL, international financial institutions, and the State authorities.
Other tasks include:
• Analyze the current status of the leasing industry (volume and number of contracts, number of players, key constraints to growth, financing needs, NPLs, collateral loss, etc,) and prepare a report for FSR and the leasing industry.
• Develop and support an active program to expand financial leasing for SMEs in Ukraine.
• Support the creation of a guarantee facilities/risk-sharing programs for leasing.
• Analyze and report on sectors that have high potential for the introduction of leasing products.
• Support round tables on financial leasing, hold discussions with international finance organizations, and identify a pipeline of potential transactions/interventions for activities on financial leasing in Ukraine.
• Analyze and recommend best practices on financial restructuring of leasing contracts.
• Contribute to the development of the NBU’s regulations on financial leasing market methodology and supervision.
• Participate in developing a concept for a domestic SME finance marketplace(s) platform.
• Arrange, manage, and oversee technical assistance and grant projects to support the development of financial leasing.
• Manage and oversee subcontractors (international and local consultants) providing support related to Component 3.
• Promote financial leasing and develop learning materials for financial leasing providers and consumers in the regions of Ukraine.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Must have an advanced degree in one of the following areas: finance, economics, management, finance/corporate law, and audit.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in commercial banks and/or non-bank financial leasing companies.
• Experience in developing and implementing financial leasing products, marketing, strategy and project management in the leasing industry.
• Experience with development projects similar in scope and complexity to Ukraine FSR is an advantage.
• Proven experience building linkages among government, private sector (SMEs), and public audiences or consumers.
• Knowledge of Ukraine’s financial sector landscape, actors and issues, relevant government ministries, and familiarity with relevant policies and reforms are required.
• Solid and persuasive interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent oral and written English and Ukrainian skills.
This position will report to the Component 3 Team Lead.
Please submit Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] by October 10, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.