Ukraine Monitoring & Learning Support (UMLS) project
Position Title: CLA Specialist (Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptive Management)
NORC at the University of Chicago (NORC) is one of the largest and most highly respected social research organizations pursuing high quality social science research both in the U.S. and internationally. NORC seeks a full-time CLA Specialist to support the USAID Ukraine Monitoring and Learning Support (UMLS) contract. This collaborative project assists the USAID Regional Mission for Ukraine to implement its Country Development Cooperation Strategy and development objectives through policies, strategies, and program practices that support Ukraine on its Journey to Self-Reliance through monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) services. A key feature of UMLS is its robust, dynamic and systems-driven focus on Collaboration, Learning and Adapting approaches. The CLA specialist will support the systemization of CLA and knowledge management processes and tools. This is a position based in Kyiv, Ukraine. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The CLA Specialist will work closely with the Capacity Building and Learning Specialist under the supervision of the Senior CLA Specialist to promote the smart use of collaboration tools and adaptive management approaches, knowledge capturing techniques, and using evidence-based management in support of the USAID/Ukraine mission.
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Support the development and use of CLA and knowledge management skills, tools, and practices across the Mission including decision-making-focused tools and knowledge management products (e.g., case studies, project profiles, lessons learned, strategy papers, how-to-guides, catalogues, or repositories of knowledge products)
• Support the development and use of CLA and knowledge management within UMLS
• Design follow-on resources for collaboration, “pause and reflect” sessions, After-Action Reviews (AARs) and Communities of Practice
• Support meeting design, production, facilitation, note-taking, and related tasks as required
• Support cross-cutting activities with the UMLS Performance Monitoring and Learning Unit and contribute to work on performance monitoring as needed
• Collaborate across UMLS teams in development and implementation of mechanisms and structures for capturing and sharing UMLS knowledge
• Contribute to internal culture of CLA across UMLS team
• Contribute, as requested, to on-demand technical and other support for the CLA team
• Master’s degree in social science, organizational development, international development or a related field
• At least five years of demonstrated experience leading organizational learning, change management, and/or MEL
• Understanding of knowledge management
• Demonstrated experience with USAID’s CLA practices
• Expertise in strategic planning and project design including in applying learning to improve development programs
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication, facilitation, supervision, and management skills
• Oral and written communication and presentations skills in English and Ukrainian
• Experience in training and other capacity building activities
• Familiarity with USAID Regional Mission for Ukraine
• Experience with creating visuals and graphics to assist with learning and engagement.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email a CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please use the following subject line in your email: “UMLS Application – CLA Specialist.” Please also contact us at this email with any questions.
Deadline: October 10, 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) Statement
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.