The Financial Sector Reform Activity (FSR) in Ukraine is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by DAI Global LLC (DAI). The purpose of the activity is to transform the country’s financial sector into a sophisticated, well-functioning, competitive market that is aligned with European Union (EU) standards and integrated into international financial systems. This transformation will mobilize private finance for sustained economic growth in Ukraine.
The FSR project is looking for candidates to fill in the Translator/Interpreter position.
The main role of the Translator/Interpreter is to ensure that the project’s translations are done in a timely manner on the deadlines and priorities set by the project and monitor the performance. In addition to translations, other tasks also include:
• Act as single entrance/exit point of translation requests
• Maintain the Translation Log on an ongoing basis
• Provide written translation; proofread all translated documents
• Read and rewrite technical documents in specified language, following established rules pertaining to factors such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation
• Provide consecutive/simultaneous interpretation
• Serve as interpreter at seminars, speeches, meetings, teleconferences, and symposia, providing consecutive or simultaneous translation between languages
• Provide translation during project meetings with stakeholders and beneficiaries;
• Provide quality control; and
• Participate in the decision-making process regarding outsourcing of the project’s translations.
• Bachelor’s degree in linguistics, translation, foreign languages, or related area
• 5+ years of experience providing professional translation and interpretation service.
• Financial services, banking and public administration translation experience is a plus
• Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Strong computer skills (MS Office suite) required
This position will report directly to the Finance and Administration Director.
Please submit Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] by September 30, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.