Ще не з нами? Зареєструйтесь зараз
Position: Project Manager (Project: Provision of Multi-Purpose Cash assistance to vulnerable internally displaced persons in Lvivska Oblast (priority 1 c) UKR-22/UKR_CBPF/RA3/MPC/INGO/21889)
Reporting Relationship: Head of Operations, Head of Mission
Coordination with: Finance Manager, CVA (Cash and Vouchers Assistance) and Protection WeWorld experts
Location: Ukraine, Lviv and Lviska Oblast
Type of contract: a first 2 (two) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Line Manager); a second collaboration contract of 4 (four) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract
Deadline: 29 July 2022 Starting date: ASAP
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
The outbreak of the war in Ukraine puts millions of boys and girls at risk: WeWorld took action immediately to provide aid to boys, girls and their families to cope with the emergency.
Our team of professionals in Lviv are coordinating the operations in agreement with embassies, NGOs and local operators.
Purpose of the Role
The Project Manager directs WeWorld project ensuring quality of the activities, from development through execution, included budget management, monitoring, evaluation and Human Resources Management (Project Staff). The Project Manager identifies problems and constraints during the implementation of the project, plans the daily work of the project staff, set coordination meetings with all the actors involved. The Project Manager develops relations with projects partners and beneficiaries and represents the organization to local institutions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for the planning, implementation and management of project activities, ensuring accurate and timely reporting according to WeWorld (WW) and donor (OCHA) timeframes and formats
- Develop, supervise and coordinate a project work plan, as well as detailed monthly activity plans (coordination with Head of Mission, Head of Operations and CVA expert).
- Implement approved project plan and track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports and external donor reports
- Redact and supervise the production of monthly reports to the Head of Operations and Head of Mission
- Provide supervision, guidance, coordination and monitoring of WW and partner project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of project objectives, and opportunity for feedback
- Under the supervision of the Finance Manager of WW, manage the project budget and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet WW standards with regard to financial management, including accountability and good governance
Coordination and representation
- Participate in relevant cluster meetings or working group or external meeting as required, representing WW and feeding back to the Head of Operations, Head of Mission and to WW experts (CVA and Protection) on relevant issues
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned project staff of WW and the partner, as well as other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, Collective centers managers and staff, Local Authorities officials, UN agencies and other NGOs), with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnership.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Education to MSc level (or equivalent), achieved since at least 3 years;
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to develop and work within a team
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Specific experience of managing emergency projects, with at least 2 years’ experience
- Experience of and commitment to working in general humanitarian projects context
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of proposals
- Good proposal writing skills including writing clear and well-argued assessment as well as excellent reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to properly represent WW-GVC externally
- Strong influencing skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
WeWorld is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Italian member ChildFund Alliance, global network for the defense of children’s rights and present in 25 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld team means being part of the development of a dynamic organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are EU (ECHO and INTPA), the UN (OCHA, UNHCR, WFP and UNICEF), Italy (AICS) and the ChildFund Alliance.
Contact persons: [email protected] and [email protected] +38-066-460-9394