Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a six-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption efforts, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI works with the wide spectrum of anti-corruption stakeholders, including the specialized anti-corruption bodies, governmental institutions at national and local levels, the private sector, and civil society watchdog organizations. SACCI seeks to promote transparency and accountability during the time of the Russia’s aggression and the Ukraine reconstruction efforts.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Assets Tracing and Sanctions Activity Manager will guide and manage SACCI’s activities in building capacity and providing expert support to the government institutions in the areas of asset tracing, confiscation and sanctioning persons involved in or related to Russia’s war against Ukraine. The Manager will support the Task Force on the search, arrest, and confiscation of assets tied to Russia’s War Crimes and other relevant organizations. The Manager will also facilitate cooperation between the Task Force as well as foreign and international counterparts, coordinate with SACCI’s partners, and provide technical oversight of SACCI’s contractors and grantees. This is the fulltime position for the period of 12 months with a possible extension for up to 6 months.
• Guide, manage and coordinate SACCI’s activities in support of government institutions of the Task Force on the search, arrest, and confiscation of assets tied to Russia’s War Crimes and other relevant organizations.
• Manage SACCI’s activities to build the capacity of Ukrainian governmental agencies and non-governmental actors in tracing and recovering assets, as well as imposing sanctions on individuals involved in or associated with Russia’s war against Ukraine.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships and cooperation with the Task Force, its members as well as other governmental and non-governmental organizations in the area of asset tracking and recovering.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of anti-corruption measures settled upon by the National Council for the Recovery of Ukraine and other state bodies to increase transparency and accountability in the implementation of reforms.
• Provide technical oversight of the performance of SACCI’s grantees, partners, sub-contractors, and consultants to ensure timely and quality implementation of the activities in line with SACCI’s objectives and standards.
• Ensure the quality of the products and deliverable produced by the project in the areas of responsibility.
• Contribute to developing project deliverables and reports, including but not limited to project work plan, performance reports, project fact sheets, success stories, and other deliverables and reports when required.
• Perform other relevant duties on as needed basis.
• Master’s degree in law, international law, public administration, accounting and financial management, or other relevant fields is required.
• Minimum five years of technical experience in the field of anti-corruption, public administration, financial audit, forensic accounting, corruption and economic crime investigation, or related area is required.
• Familiarity with the Ukraine anti-corruption legal framework, institutional infrastructure, policies and initiatives and criminal procedure.
• Experience in managing projects in the fields of anti-corruption, financial investigations, legal reforms or public administration reforms is preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrency functioning and regulations is a strong asset.
• Knowledge and understanding of international legal assistance mechanism is an asset.
• Experience with international technical assistance projects or development organizations is a strong asset.
• Strong analytical and writing skills.
• Strong organizational, time management, reporting, and negotiation skills.
• Fluency Ukrainian and proficiency in English is required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – July 15, 2022, 18:00 Kyiv time*
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.