Chemonics is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU).
- Support accurate and timely data collection for project activities, following established MEL procedures, and ensure common understanding among teams on data collection expectations;
- Provide encoding of activities, results, and backup documentation;
- Assist programme staff with the development of activity MEL plans, including indicators and data collection tools;
- Assist programme staff with research and monitoring activities to ensure that all required data, outputs, outcomes, and learning are comprehensively captured;
- Assist with developing training materials, presentations, reports, etc.;
- Assist in preparation of the internal and external project’s reporting;
- Assist in lessons learned facilitation, track status of activities and results per activity;
- Assist in periodic large-scale evaluations that focus on clusters/groups of related grant-funded activities and other research;
- Conduct periodic site visits and attend grantee events and activities to collect data for monitoring and evaluation, and document field trips in the database and through photographs, focus groups discussions, interviews, observations, stakeholder meetings, etc.;
- Organise scheduling and logistics of field data collection;
- Help draft scopes of work and process contracts for data collection and research partners;
- Help provide support (operational and technical) to RMEL workshops and events, including Theory of Change workshops and presentations;
- Support set-up, operation, data entry and maintenance of online portal(s) for consolidating data and reporting on the progress of projects to PFRU financing partners and GoU;
- Interact with technical workstream leads, fund management unit and partners to ensure that RMEL approach and systems remain responsive to programme strategy and direction;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the RMEL Lead.
- University degree in social sciences or related field required;
- Prior experience in working with data collection and analysis, tools for MEL and adaptive management required;
- Prior experience with international development projects is preferred;
- Professional excellence and strong analytical skills;
- Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to resolve assigned tasks professionally;
- Ability to work under pressure and orientation on the result;
- Attention to details, versatility, and integrity;
- Strong facilitation, writing, and presentation skills;
- Ability to analyse and report on program performance from the perspective of donors and partners;
- Advanced skills in SPSS and Microsoft Excel;
- Willingness to learn the usage of modern tools on data analysis and visualisation;
- Fluent level of spoken and written English, and Ukrainian required.
Send electronic submissions to PFRU[email protected] by May 27, 2022. Please insert the position you are applying for in the subject line Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning MEL Officer and include your CV and a cover letter/statement of interest explaining your interest in and qualifications for the job. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted. For more information, please visit www.chemonics.com.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.