Our main focus is the implementation of projects in the areas of WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene).
For the implementation of a project in Donetsk and Dnepropetrovsk oblasts, Charity Foundation “NEW WAY” is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duration: 6-months contract with possibility of extension
Probation period: 1 month
- Develop M&E tools for quantitative and qualitative information collection and work with program staff to ensure the tools and processes are understood and used;
- Perform monitoring visits to the project locations;
- Ensure that data reported meets the dimension of data quality;
- Follow up project indicators;
- Lead focus group discussions, key informant interviews and manage the work of enumerators when relevant;
- Develop baseline, mid-term and end-line studies, and reports;
- Prepare M&E reports containing summary data and reviewing overall performance against targets;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the project’s feedback and complaints mechanism.
Required background and competencies:
- Degree in social sciences, education, demography, statistics, or related field;
- Minimum of one year’s experience with monitoring and evaluation, research (qualitative and quantitative), in a humanitarian relief context;
- Desirable experience in other humanitarian NGOs;
- Sound understanding of project cycle management;
- Experience in drafting reports;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Excel and/or MS Access)
- Experience in the usage of mobile data collection platforms (e.g. ODK, Kobo, SurveyCTO) & developing XLS forms;
- Knowledge of data analysis software (e.g., STATA, SPSS, R, GIS, nVivo, etc.) will be an asset;
- Very good command of English, both written and verbal;
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines;
- Experience in M&E in relation to WASH projects will be an asset.
- Experience in mainstreaming gender in humanitarian work will be an asset.
How to apply: please send your CV and Cover letter in English to [email protected]
Subject: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer