Chemonics is seeking a Finance Assistant for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine. The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The aim of PFRU is to strengthen the resilience of the Ukrainian government, economy, media and the Ukrainian civil society by delivering essential resilience project support to the relevant partners.
The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The aim of PFRU is to strengthen the resilience of the Ukrainian government, economy, media and the Ukrainian civil society by delivering essential resilience project support to the relevant partners.
The Finance Assistant will provide financial assistance to the programme and individual projects and in accordance with Chemonics’ highest standards and FCDO regulations. Job responsibilities are concentrated in the spheres of finance assistance and accounting.
- Supports accounting and financial operations for the Ukraine PFRU programme and individual projects.
- Assists with bank reconciliation.
- Conducts petty cash reconciliation and replenishment.
- Enters petty cash entries into Abacus under the supervision of Finance Officer.
- Records expenditures in the internal accounting system under the supervision of Finance Officer.
- Assures that all back-up and approvals are available before Finance Officer makes payment.
- Responsible for maintaining proper financial data and financial files.
- Assists with scanning of all accounting documents on a daily basis.
- General assistance to the Finance Officer with things such as expense reports, travel advances, and contact with vendors.
- Assists as needed with reviewing budgets for accuracy prior to submission for final clearance or other approvals.
- Assists with ad hoc financial monitoring and analysis of grants and projects as needed, in coordination with other staff.
- Works with the procurement specialist to ensure that internal policies are followed as it relates to financial documentation in the procurement process.
- Works with the funds team to ensure that internal policies are followed as it relates to financial documentation in the funds process.
- Assists in compiling and reviewing timesheets for the Operations and Finance Manager so that payroll is processed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Responds to any London Corporate office requirements and needs as required, under the direction of the Finance Officer.
- Assists with financial tracking of any local sub-contractors and fixed price contracts as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or Operations and Finance Manager, Deputy Team Leader, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting field preferred.
- Two years of experience in working in finance for a FCDO or other donor-funded projects preferred
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated versatility, and integrity.
- Proven experience developing new organizational systems and tools, with a strong command of Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with fellow staff members, visitors, and the public.
- Fluency in Ukrainian or Polish (preferred), English is required.
Place of Assignment:
This project is looking to hire primarily Ukrainian staff. At this time, the project will be partly based in Warsaw and/or Rzeszow, Poland and Ukraine and in due course will be returning to Ukraine. For candidates based outside of Warsaw or Rzeszow, the selected candidate can work remotely for the next interim period with travel as needed to project office and other sites as deemed necessary by programme work.
The Finance Assistant will report directly to the Finance Officer, or equivalent.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Finance Assistant in the subject line to PFRU[email protected] by May 2, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.