Chemonics is seeking an Accountant for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine. The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The aim of PFRU is to strengthen the resilience of the Ukrainian government, economy, media and the Ukrainian civil society by delivering essential resilience project support to the relevant partners.
The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The aim of PFRU is to strengthen the resilience of the Ukrainian government, economy, media and the Ukrainian civil society by delivering essential resilience project support to the relevant partners.
The Finance Accountant will provide financial support to the programme and projects in accordance with Chemonics’ highest standards and FCDO regulations. Job responsibilities are concentrated in the spheres of accounting and financial management.
- Ensures that accounting operations are sustained in the offices while also ensuring programme and project accounting policies are followed.
- Supervises the daily financial operations of the contract, which includes cash flow management, time sheet recording, reporting to FCDO on the financial aspects of the programme, and any necessary monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
- Works with the finance assistant and operations and finance manager to coordinate and implement proper protocols to ensure the field offices are operating under consistent financial practices.
- Supervises the daily financial operations of the contract, which includes cash flow management, time sheet recording, reporting to USAID on the financial aspects of the project, and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
- Ensures continuous liquidity for the project; handles all human resource issues; and investigates and identifies new ways of achieving project efficiencies.
- Supervises the day-to-day field presence in areas of operations, administration, and logistics
- Records and processes monthly field office programme and project expenditures in the internal accounting system and submit expenditures to the corporate office on monthly basis.
- Prepares monthly financial projections and wire transfer requests to receive funds from London Corporate office.
- Confirms backup documentation is complete for Ukrainian and Polish local employment agreements including both long- and short-term.
- Prepares payroll calculations and ensure full compliance with all tax requirements with applicable countries prior to making payroll.
- Processes payment of vendors and cheque preparation.
- Performs financial tracking of local fund partners and subcontractors and other analysis upon request.
- Assists with ad hoc financial monitoring and analysis of grant and project budgets and actual versus obligated disbursements and financial transactions as needed.
- Ensures all necessary taxes are withheld from applicable payments based on country requirements.
- Tracks VAT expenditures for all applicable countries and ensure forms are submitted to Finance Officer.
- Uses strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with all staff and ensure financial policies are followed.
- Supervise the finance assistant.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Deputy Team Leader, or equivalent.
- A degree in accounting, business or commerce and minimum of five years’ experience in accounting
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and accounting software is necessary
- Experience and knowledge of Ukrainian Local Labour Law preferred.
- Experience working with international donors strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in Ukrainian or Polish (preferred), English is required
Place of Assignment:
This project is looking to hire primarily Ukrainian staff. At this time, the project will be partly based in Warsaw and/or Rzeszow, Poland and Ukraine and in due course will be returning to Ukraine. For candidates based outside of Warsaw or Rzeszow, the selected candidate can work remotely for the next interim period with travel as needed to project office and other sites as deemed necessary by programme work.
The Finance Accountant will report directly to the Operations and Finance Manager, or equivalent.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Accountant in the subject line to PFRU[email protected] by May 2, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.