MSF (Belgian section) in Ukraine
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST – MEDICAL TRANSPORT TRAIN
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
We are urgently looking for a logistics specialist, flexible and ready to work in different areas.
- Coordinate and organise train staff movement, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Coordinate train staff accommodation
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of the train, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on train installations.
- Tracking consumption of supplies used in the train
- Preparing orders for the train, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out eventual local purchases.
Requirements: Essential Secondary Education.
Experience: Previous working experience required in coordination and management. Two years minimum in a similar social job; experience with MSF or other NGOs desirable.
Languages: Fluent English and Ukrainian.
You will be part of a team that will evacuate wounded/injured patients from various locations in the eastern part of Ukraine to specialized hospitals in Lviv for further treatment. The train moves frequently with time spent on the train about 50 hours between departure from Lviv and the return travel with patients on board.
Resting areas and kitchen in the train are available.
Rotation team is on building.
You will get further information during the job interview.
Conditions: short-term contract, Organisation’s compensations and benefits package including medical coverage.
Starting date: as soon as possible, recruitment process on-going.
Candidates should send their resumes, contact, motivation letter to MSFOCB-Kyiv-PAM@brussels.msf.org