The Junior Consultant will will support the project around the activities of the work streams covering essential medicines list, health technology assessment, quality, pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals as well as improving access to the essential medicines.
The incumbent will support collaborative activities with the stakeholders to improve overall ecosystem with respect to pharmaceutical policy, governance and financing.
To support the MOH efforts, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract for Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines for Ukrainians (SAFEMed) to Management Sciences for Health (MSH) in September 2017. SAFEMed applies health system-strengthening best practices to create evidence-based interventions and strengthen Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system in line with the MOH’s health care reform objectives. SAFEMed has three primary project objectives working in unison towards achieving sustained epidemic control given constraints related to COVID-19:
1) Strengthening governance within the pharmaceutical sector of Ukraine
2) Optimizing the financing of the pharmaceutical sector
3) Increasing the availability and appropriate use of medicines in Ukraine.
For PY5, the incumbent will support the Pharmaceutical Policy and Governance Senior Technical Advisor to adjust activities the project pivot from a pharmaceutical/supply chain system strengthening project to support humanitarian efforts in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. This will include assisting in adjustment of strategic activities for creation of a positive list, creation of HTA Agency and patient engagement towards understanding and analyzing the situation on pharmaceutical market and improving access to the medicines in circumstances of war-related manufacturing and logistic challenges. Additionally, the incumbent will assist in coordinating communication with stakeholders, and organizing and reporting on stakeholder meetings.
Services to be Provided
Provide general support to the Pharmaceutical Policy and Governance Senior Technical Advisor to implement activity plan with respect to improving availability and accessibility of essential medicines in Ukraine
- Assist in ensuring timely and accurate reporting to the project leadership and USAID through regular quarterly and annual reporting of the relevant workstream activities
- Support organization of online (offline where possible) stakeholder events, take minutes, oversee registrations and attendance, report and facilitate overall communication through the events.
- Review literature or other country examples when necessary to provide input to ongoing activities
- Assist in preparation of presentations for stakeholder events.
- Review Ukrainian official websites with relevant to the project activities
- Other relevant support for the successful implementation of the project activities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in medical or pharmaceutical sciences
- A good command of English and Ukrainian language (oral and written)
- Attention to detail
- MS Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required;
- Proactive working style
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Critical thinking;
- Collaborative approach and team spirit
- Productivity and accountability
- Fast learner and open mindset
- Stress resilient
Reporting Junior Consultant will report directly to Senior Technical Advisor, Pharmaceutical Policies and Governance.
Duties Performance Location Remotely, no business trips
Time frame May 1, 2022 – September 30, 2022
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to send their CVs and motivation letters in English only to: [email protected]. The position is open till filled. Past performance references would be an advantage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.