Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for a highly qualified Information Management Officer (Content Aggregator) based in Lviv.
Overall purpose of the role
The position-holder is a member of the Legal assistance unit, who works to achieve the Legal Program goals and objectives. He/she will be responsible for the management, analysis and sharing of data related to program activities as well as aggregating DRC Legal Program current and ongoing legal analyses with the view of creating a comprehensive online platform or directory or app to be used by DRC legal aid beneficiaries. The position holder will be responsible for populating and periodically updating the software platform developed by an IT Consultant. He/s he will be responsible for working with external providers to make sure that related website, social media and web and mobile app are operating effectively.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Information management strategy and standards:
- Contribute to the development of DRC Legal Program’s information management strategy;
- Ensure the compliance of information systems and processes with the applicable standards and guidelines;
- Act as LAU focal point for liaison with external digital service providers;
- Update content on LAU software platform, website and troubleshooting website, web-app;
- Performing regular data integrity and quality audits, troubleshooting information storage issues;
- Maintain large scale filing systems for confidential records, conducting data analysis of beneficiary information and storage systems;
- Aggregate all beneficiary information, awareness-raising materials, and legal analyses, and catalogue them using pre-established criteria;
- Populate and regularly update DRC legal aid web directory/platform/app;
- As the focal person for maintenance of the web directory/platform/app, ensure that the platform is up and running uninterruptedly, and coordinate the troubleshooting in case of malfunctioning;
- Administration tasks;
- Foster cooperation with other relevant potential content creators from a broad list of stakeholders;
- Contribute to the web directory/platform/app promotion;
- Liaise with DRC LAU, DRC Communication and other relevant departments in information materials placement and the initial assessment of their accuracy/credibility;
- Enhance and maintain the legal providers listing
- Ensure feedback and a high-quality customer service/assistance to the web directory/platform/app users;
- Coordinate with DRC IT department, DRC Procurement and AFO units for arranging and procuring services for regular patching, ad hoc troubleshooting, installation of software, and security checks of the web directory/platform/app; ensure timely payment of hosting and other services relevant for the web directory/platform/app flowless operation;
- Upon request of the line manager, provides updates on the web directory/platform/app operation, lists of legal providers, NGOs, government agencies represented on the platform, and other relevant developments.
- Drafts information products such as reports, charts and infographics by turning data into graphic products to facilitate the dissemination of information to external stakeholders for the purpose of reporting, information sharing and advocacy. To this end, designs the layouts of reporting and presentation templates using graphic design programs ensuring the attractiveness and clarity of the information products.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a dissemination plan for all information products, including the definition of standard operating procedures for clearing information products for release.
We expect you to have minimum 2 years of relevant experience in information management, database management, mapping and web development.
Required experience and competencies:
- University degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Statistics, Social Sciences or a relevant field;
- Knowledge of different data collection methodologies and proven capacity to analyze statistical information;
- Proven abilities in data collection, compilation, analysis and reporting with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner and effective oral communication;
- Proven skills in infographic management;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Contract length: 10 months based on satisfactory 3 months probation period with possibility of extension based on available funding
Start date: ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English by submitting the application via the link . Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: April 24, 2022
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo