Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for Protection Assistant based in Lviv.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Protection Assistant is part of the DRC Protection Team and works under the management, guidance and supervision of DRC’s national Protection Team Leader and Protection Manager. The Protection Assistant supports the Protection Team Leader and Protection Manager in timely and quality implementation of protection activities. This position is based in Lviv, Lvivska oblasts with frequent travel to the field locations.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Implementation of protection activities
- Implement of all protection activities, including but not limited to work with local authorities, implementation of community based initiatives, community’s capacity building, assistance to conflict-affected population;
- Contribute to the design of clear weekly and monthly plans for the implementation of all protection activities;
- Support the organization and delivery of project activities;
- Support the Protection Officer in implementation of all protection activities;
- Contribute to the process of developing tools, guidelines and SOPs relevant for protection work;
- Manage individual cases, provide advice and guidance as well as referrals to beneficiaries on issues related to accessing required services.
Training and capacity building
- Contribute to the development of training materials and tools;
- Assist in training for government and NGO stakeholders, social workers;
- Design information leaflets, brochures, training modules for awareness raising activities.
Internal/External Coordination and Representation
- Establish and maintain coordination with local authorities, local and international NGOs when/if required;
- Represent projects in relevant coordination meetings when requested;
- Support with occasional document translation and provide interpretation support to Protection Manager during meetings, trainings, and other project activities.
Reporting & Accountability
- Collect and maintain project data ensuring the highest standards of data protection and confidentiality. Insert the collected information into the database when needed;
- Contribute to drafting reports, analyses of statistical data and proposal writing;
- Comply with all relevant DRC policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection, the code of conduct, and security.
- Perform other relevant tasks as requested by Protection Team Leader or Protection Manager.
Communication with local authorities, establishing good relationships with conflict affected population, needs assessment of local communities.
Needs assessment of local communities and IDPs.
Organization and delivery of protection programme activities.
Regular contribution to planning and reporting on programme activities.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have minimum 2 years of experience in economic development area or social work, supporting vulnerable groups of populations as part of local or international organizations.
Required experience and competencies:
- Diploma in economy, social work or equivalent
- Good writing and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and stress resilience;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and good command of English – both oral and written
- Strong facilitation skills, building communication with local authorities;
- Experience in working with conflict affected population
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-term Labor Contract
- Medical and Life Insurance
Contract length: until the end of December 2022, after 3 months of probation period.
Start date: May 2022
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
For applying please follow this link: https://drc.ngo/about-us/careers/vacancies/job/?p=164191
Closing date for applications: April 27, 2022
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.