Chemonics is seeking a Procurement Officer for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine. The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The aim of PFRU is to strengthen the resilience of the Ukrainian government, economy, media and the Ukrainian civil society by delivering essential resilience project support to the relevant partners.
The Procurement Officer will manage all administrative, contractual, and operational aspects related to the procurement of equipment, commodities, and services for the Ukraine PFRU programme, ensuring quality standards are met, and all procurements are cost-effective and compliant with Chemonics and FCDO regulations. The Procurement Officer will provide guidance and oversight to Ukraine PFRU staff, grantees, and vendors regarding procurement processes. The Procurement Officer will work closely with the technical team which includes, Fund Manager and Fund Officer, Project Development Officers, Technical Advisors, and other short term technical assistance throughout the programme and project.
- Provides significant input to overall policies, practices, and procedures relating to all aspects of procurement.
- Conducts programme related procurements ensuring compliance with Chemonics policies and procedures as well as the procurement manual to be developed.
- Ensures all procurements are compliant with Chemonics and FCDO regulations.
- Issues requests for proposals (RFPs) or Request for Quotations (RFQ) or Request for Interest (RFI) on behalf of the Ukraine PFRU team and participates on selection panels to ensure transparency and compliance at all steps. Work with the Ukraine PFRU funds and technical team to prepare and finalize tenders, bidding documents, technical specifications, contracts, schedules of completion, and evaluation reports.
- Works directly with Ukrainian, regional or international vendors, service providers, and subcontractors to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurements of requested commodities, works, and services.
- Liaises with vendors and subcontractors and serves as their point of contact throughout the procurement process: arrange bidder meetings, compiles clarification questions from bidders and works with the Ukraine PFRU technical team to prepare responses; coordinate evaluation committees, conducts vetting of vendors and service providers, etc.
- Coordinates with technical workstream leads, wider technical team and fund team on project design to ensure suitability and feasibility of proposed procurement.
- Manages the delivery of commodities and equipment as necessary and identifies needs for capacity building for proper use and maintenance of equipment in coordination with the Ukraine PFRU technical team. Oversees and ensures proper inspection of equipment is conducted.
- Processes procurement requests in a timely manner as approved by fund/grant activities.
- Makes efforts where possible to streamline the procurement process through establishing appropriate Blanket Purchase Agreements with vendors (as applicable).
- Monitors contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions.
- Maintains the programme’s commodity management tracking system for grantees and subcontractors to provide accurate information to office manager for office inventory.
- Develops any required procurement related approval documentation for submission to FCDO.
- Ensures that all procured equipment follow FCDO branding policies.
- Participates in negotiating terms and conditions of contracts. Monitor contracts and purchase orders issued to subcontractors and vendors and conducts follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions.
- Provides training, coaching, and advisory services to Ukraine PFRU staff, beneficiaries, grantees, and vendors related to the procurement policies and procedures, including tenders, technical evaluations of proposals, and contract management.
- Assists Ukraine PFRU operations staff on the procurement of commodities and professional services for the field office (as needed).
- Works with Chemonics’ London Corporate office procurement and contracts experts and Project Management Unit (PMU) to ensure all bidding documents and subcontracts adhere to Chemonics’ and FCDO’s procurement policies, uses the most updated templates, and meets the necessary quality standards.
- Maintains the overall integrity of the procurement filing system by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file including memorandums of negotiation for all procurements. Maintain detailed notes to document all procurements processes and evaluations.
- Responds in a timely manner to procurement requests from the Ukraine PFRU technical team and provide procurement status reports when requested.
- Perform any other tasks requested by the Procurement and Logistics Manager and Deputy Team Leader of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration equally relevant field preferred.
- Four years of experience in working in procurement of commodities and services for a FCDO or other donor-funded projects preferred
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Proven experience developing new organizational systems and tools required, with a strong command of Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with fellow staff members, visitors, and the public.
- Fluency in Ukrainian or Polish (preferred), English is required.
Place of Assignment
This project is looking to hire primarily Ukrainian staff. At this time, the project will be partly based in Warsaw and/or Rzeszow, Poland and Ukraine and in due course will be returning to Ukraine. For candidates based outside of Warsaw or Rzeszow, this selected candidate can work remotely for the next interim period with travel as needed to project office and other sites as deemed necessary by programme work.
The Procurement Officer will report directly to the Procurement and Logistics Manager, or equivalent.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Procurement Officer” in the subject line to PFRU[email protected] by April 13, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors