Since the beginning of the war, the National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP) has completely refocused its work on achieving Ukraine’s victory. Among other activities, NACP is a part of an interdepartmental project on increasing sanction lists and identification of the assets of sanctioned persons for their seizure for the reconstruction of Ukraine. NACP has a deep understanding and knowledge of the state-owned data registries as well as open sources, which combined with corruption investigation and understanding of OSINT best practices brings the required framework to perform data mining and preparation of the sanctions-related lists. In this process, NACP is cooperating with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Office of the Prosecutor General.
Also, NACP is playing a significant role in data management within the cyber defense of Ukraine against full-scale Russia invasion.
In order to support NACP in these activities, IFES is seeking an IT Strategic Expert to assist NACP in developing targeted IT solutions within sanctions project and provide strategic advisory on the support of IT critical infrastructure.
Scope of work
- Creation of automated IT solutions that works with 12 data sources, and provides intelligent matching of people and companies including cross-language fuzzy matching for cross-verification of people and companies through all known sanctions lists.
- Creation of the seed lists of people and companies’ candidates for the sanction lists using data extraction techniques, open sources, natural language processing, and graph databases.
- Creation of the software to monitor the existing sanctions lists on a constant basis and provide daily analytical reports on the changes.
- Extraction of data on companies and their management, founders, and beneficial owners from foreign registries.
- Providing recommendations to the Agency on the securing and/or relocation of the critical infrastructure, data migration, and integrity.
- Consultancy on workflow and data flow with regard to sanctions and assets.
- Datasets from company registries.
- Software, datasets, and reports on sanctions.
- Software, datasets, and reports on seed lists for sanctions.
- Guidelines on workflows and data management.
- Master’s degree in IT field;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in telecommunications, information technology, and other related technical fields;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in developing/managing/reforming IT solutions in government and non-government spheres;
- Knowledge of international information security best practices, as well as the
- current legal framework standards (KSZI);
- Experience in cooperation with governmental institutions as well as international organizations assisting anti-corruption efforts of Ukraine;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluency in written and oral English.
Period of performance: April 20 – July 20, 2022.
Level of efforts: 60 days.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a short letter of interest clearly outlining how their candidacy meets the above criteria with “Application for IT Strategic Expert” in the subject line, to Kateryna Polishchuk ([email protected]) and Olesia Liesnikova ([email protected]) no later than April 17, 2022.