Since the beginning of the war, the National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP) has completely refocused its work on achieving Ukraine’s victory. Among other activities, NACP is a part of an interdepartmental project on increasing sanction lists and identification of the assets of sanctioned persons for their seizure for the reconstruction of Ukraine. NACP has a deep understanding and knowledge of the state-owned data registries as well as open sources, which combined with corruption investigation brings the required framework to perform data mining and preparation of the sanctions-related lists. In this process, NACP is cooperating with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Office of the Prosecutor General. Also, NACP is playing a significant role in data management within the cyber defense of Ukraine against full-scale Russia invasion.
In order to support NACP in these activities, IFES Ukraine is seeking a Data Analyst to process large amounts of information and provide general advisory on data organization.
Scope of work
- Analysis of open data registries on intersections with sanctions lists of different sources.
- Analysis of internal NACP data registries on intersections with sanctions lists of different sources.
- Gathering and combining data regarding all sanction lists into one storage.
- Data mining in terms of working with public state registries of different countries in order to prepare information for international requests.
- Working with API (REST, SOAP) of state authorities in order to extract data.
- Providing recommendations to NACP on data management principles.
- Open-source data mining tools research.
- Designing data model of new means for detecting corruption schemes using risk analysis approach.
- Report on data registries intersection analysis tasks performed.
- General recommendations for data management with regards to NACP’s intention of building the comprehensive DWH.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in IT, Mathematics, or related field (or equivalent work experience);
- At least 3 years in the IT industry;
- At least 3 years of working experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, or Business Analyst;
- Experience in consulting and/or developing State IT services;
- Technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques;
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets;
- Experience working with and creating DB/DWH/DL architectures, designing ETL/ELT;
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks;
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Effective problem-solving, negotiation, and decision-making skills;
- Fluency in written and oral Ukrainian and English.
Period of performance: April 20 – July 20, 2022.
Level of efforts: 60 days.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a short letter of interest clearly outlining how their candidacy meets the above criteria with “Application for NACP Data Analyst” in the subject line to Kateryna Polishchuk ([email protected]) and Olesia Liesnikova ([email protected]) no later than April 17, 2022.