German organisation “Help-Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe” (Help) is active worldwide for 40 years. We are currently implementing different programmes in more than 25 countries (https://www.help-ev.de/en/about-us).
Since its inception in 1981, Help has been committed to providing people in need with prompt, sustainable and long-term aid, and support. Help strengthens survivability, improves living conditions, and increases the resilience of people in difficulty worldwide.
Help is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Finance Assistant. The Finance Assistant will work under supervision of the Project Manager and the Finance Officer and will be responsible for the support of programme activities.
Location: Finance Assistant will be based in Kyiv
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and appropriate filing of financial documentation and booking of Help in Ukraine
- Conducting of financial transactions
- Maintaining regular contacts with the relevant bank clerks in business banks in which HHelp in Ukraine has accounts open
- Prepares the payment and cash withdrawal orders and their submission to authorised persons for signature
- Forwarding the above-mentioned payment orders and cash withdrawals to the relevant bank, by fax or in person
- Proper processing, posting and filing of all financial transactions of Help (both cash and those performed through banks), in accordance with Help in Ukraine financial rules and instructions received from the immediate supervisor
- Assisting in the preparation of various financial reports and providing certain financial information upon request to the immediate supervisor
- Cash management
- Issuing advances to employees, based on documents approved by an authorized person
- Filing receipts for all cash inflows and costs
- Preparation of salary calculations and payment orders for national staff upon approval of the supervisor
- Informing the immediate supervisor about the cash needs
- Preparation of accompanying documentation for vouchers and payment orders
- Balancing the bank statements against the financial documentation, at least once a month, or upon request of immediate supervisor
- Preparation of monthly cash flow reports
- Preparation of monthly bank account balance overviews
- Receiving and checking the cash costs of the employees
- Informing supervisors of all noted existing or potential problems in regard to the financial operations of Help in Ukraine in a timely and appropriate manner
- Bookkeeping according to Ukrainian legislation
- Preparation tax, statistical and other reports according to Ukrainian legislation
- Preparation hiring, dismissal procedures and other HR services
- Submits reports to the immediate supervisor
- Exchanges business-related information and experiences with other employees of Help in Ukraine
- Other assignments as appointed by the immediate supervisor
- Performs other tasks from the scope of work and by order of the immediate supervisor
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree preferable (within finance, accounting etc.)
- Active knowledge of spoken and written English language
- IT literacy
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, self-initiative, responsibility
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of the team
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to new assignments
- Previous experience in civil/NGO sector, both local and international, with similar scope and type of work will be considered as an advantage
Reporting and communication:
The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Officer according to the reporting procedure set by Help.
Interested candidates, with the required qualifications, may submit their application, including a letter of interest (Motivation letter) and complete Curriculum Vitae in English to Help via e-mail to [email protected] and [email protected] latest by the 15th of April 2022.
Please indicate the vacancy title you are applying for in the subject line. Additional proofs (diploma, references, etc.) are not needed at this stage.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only those candidates that are short listed for interviews will be notified.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.