German organisation “Help-Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe” (Help) is active worldwide for 40 years. We are currently implementing different programmes in more than 25 countries (https://www.help-ev.de/en/about-us).
Since its inception in 1981, Help has been committed to providing people in need with prompt, sustainable and long-term aid, and support. Help strengthens survivability, improves living conditions, and increases the resilience of people in difficulty worldwide.
Help is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will work under supervision of the Project Manager and the Project Coordinator and will be responsible for the support of programme activities.
Location: Administrative Assistant will be based in Kyiv
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely cooperates with the superviser in the preparation, implementation and administration of the project, controls the achievement of project results, ensuring administrative compliance with the relevant rules
- Updates, schedules and sorts of input and output documents
- Translates all documents related to Help n Ukraine projects from Ukrainian into English and vice versa
- Providing interpretation services from Ukrainian into English and vice versa during the meetings
- Assists the Project Manager in maintaining relations with existing and potential donors and partners
- Receiving phone calls and incoming documents
- Taking meeting minutes of internal and external meetings
- Organizing meetings with donors and partnets
- Maintaining and updating database of programme activities
- Reports to Project Manager and performs all assigned tasks individually and with minimum of instructions
- Handles and controls inventory lists, staff list and makes sure they are accurate and complete.
- Handles lease and maintenance of the office
- Acquires office supplies with the approval of the immediate supervisor
- Office reception
- Performs other tasks from the scope of work and by order of the immediate supervisor
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree preferable (within linguistics, social sciences, administration etc.)
- Fluent knowledge of spoken and written English language is a must
- IT literacy
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, self-initiative, responsibility
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of the team
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to new assignments
- Previous experience in civil/NGO sector, both local and international, with similar scope and type of work will be considered as an advantage
Reporting and communication:
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Project Manager according to the reporting procedure set by Help.
Interested candidates, with the required qualifications, may submit their application, including a letter of interest (Motivation letter) and complete Curriculum Vitae in English to Help via e-mail to [email protected] and [email protected] latest by the 15th of April 2022.
Please indicate the vacancy title you are applying for in the subject line. Additional proofs (diploma, references, etc.) are not needed at this stage.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only those candidates that are short listed for interviews will be notified.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.