German organisation “Help-Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe” (Help) is active worldwide for 40 years. We are currently implementing different programmes in more than 25 countries (https://www.help-ev.de/en/about-us).
Since its inception in 1981, Help has been committed to providing people in need with prompt, sustainable and long-term aid, and support. Help strengthens survivability, improves living conditions, and increases the resilience of people in difficulty worldwide.
Help is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Field Officer. The Field Officer will work under supervision of the Project Manager and the Project Coordinator and will be responsible for the implementation of programme activities.
Location: Field Officer will be based in Kyiv (1 position) and Uman (2 positions) with frequent travel all around Ukraine.
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation and monitoring of all project components withing Emergency assistance programme with a special focus on FSL, WASH, Shelter, Cash and Protection
- Coordination and monitoring of distribution of Emergency humanitarian aid (food and hygiene parcels, medicines, non-food items etc.)
- Preparation of specifications of the Emergency humanitarian aid in cooperation with the supervisor
- Maintaining contacts with local partners, in cooperation with the supervisor
- Collection, archiving and regular updates of documents related to projects (contracts, offers, orders, annexes, delivery notes, reports) in cooperation with the supervisor
- Informing counterparts about the state of the project implementation
- Project activity reporting and documenting
- Conducting of small-scale purchasing procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree preferable (within social sciences, economics etc.)
- Valid B driving license is a must
- Active knowledge of spoken and written English language
- IT literacy
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, self-initiative, responsibility
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of the team
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to new assignments
- Active driving skills and possession of an own vehicle are mandatory
- Willingness to perform extensive field work
- Previous experience in civil/NGO sector, both local and international, with similar scope and type of work will be considered as an advantage
Reporting and communication:
The Field Officer reports to the Project Manager according to the reporting procedure set by Help.
Interested candidates, with the required qualifications, may submit their application, including a letter of interest (Motivation letter) and complete Curriculum Vitae in English to Help via e-mail to [email protected] and [email protected] latest by the 15th of April 2022.
Please indicate the vacancy title you are applying for in the subject line. Additional proofs (diploma, references, etc.) are not needed at this stage.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only those candidates that are short listed for interviews will be notified.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.