Terre des hommes – Helping children worldwide – Foundation in Ukraine
Terre des hommes – Helping children worldwide – Foundation in Ukraine is recruiting a Psychologist for its fields in Lviv, Vinnitsa and Ivano-Frankivsk
Start date As soon as possible
Contract 9 months, local contract (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract, renewable.
We encourage local candidates to apply.
Deadline for applications is March 21, 2022
Terre des hommes is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Through our health, protection and emergency relief programs, we provide assistance to over three million children, youth and their families in more than 40 countries each year. Through a rights-based approach, Terre des hommes (Tdh) aims to guarantee a respect for and the implementation of the rights of children to bring about positive and sustainable change, both at institutional and community level. Tdh develops programs that support children and youth rights and their best interests, create a strong local presence in close proximity to children, their families and communities, establish close cooperation with local bodies based on respect. Tdh has built expertise in Europe (Romania, Moldova, Albania, Kosovo) in programs aimed at supporting vulnerable families with children to develop income generating activities. In Ukraine, Tdh has worked since 2009 through partnerships and established offices legally since 2014. The programs in Ukraine address children and youth in the conflict affected area.
For more information, please check https://www.tdh.ch/en, https://tdh-ukraine.org/en, https://www.facebook.com/TdhUkraine/
The Psychologist supports the direct implementation of the psycho-social wellbeing and inclusive community environment for children and their families program ensuring the provision of PSS support for children/adolescents and case management services for child mine/ERW victims, children in need of protection. The psychologist ensures the effective implementation of the tasks assigned to the Separate Division of the Terre des hommes – Helping children worldwide - Foundation in Ukraine (Tdh) to conduct social work with various categories of families (including social support for families in difficult life circumstances).
- Provides psychological support in the activities of Tdh;
- Conducts activities for psychosocial wellbeing and preventive work with children, youth and parents, including immigrants, due to the military situation in the country;
- Provides psychological counselling, support for improvement of the social relations,
- Carries out assessment and support of families in difficult life circumstances;
- Provides methodological assistance to employees in carrying out the tasks and instructions of Tdh management;
- Provides socio-psychological services aimed at meeting the social needs of the individual;
- Keeps professional confidentiality, does not disseminate information obtained in the process of Tdh’s activities if it could harm a person or his/her environment (except as provided by law);
- Studies, summarizes and implements new methods of practical psychology;
- Participates in the development of regulatory and organizational and methodological documents Tdh;
- University degree (at least bachelor level) from an accredited educational institution in psychology or a related discipline;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position;
- Experience of working in a highly collaborative environment with minimal direct supervision in complex regional setting;
- Expertise in at least one of our priority areas: child protection, migration or/and access to justice.
- Background and interest in innovation will be an asset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Ukrainian and Russian, English will be privilege.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to: [email protected]
Please include “” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.