Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for Protection Officer (Legal Analyst) based in Lviv.
Overall purpose of the role:
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities
Advocacy for the rights of displaced people in their context of displacement, child protection initiatives, individual protection assistance based on vulnerability, legal aid, land & property rights, sexual and gender-based violence prevention, registration services for the internally displaced, asylum seekers and refugees, monitoring of rights and rights awareness-raising, facilitation of return and repatriation processes.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Programming & Operations
- Research and analyze law, by-laws, judicial and administrative practices on issues relevant for DRC-DDG program operations.
- Draft legal and information materials including position papers, briefing notes and leaflets
- Organize and facilitate roundtables/workshops/conferences on legal and refugee-protection issues on central and field levels
- Contribute legal input for proposals and reports to donors and authorities
- Contribute legal analysis for DRC legal alert and other project documents and tools.
- Facilitate training, on thematic legal issues including asylum seekers and refugee and HLP rights, when necessary, for lawyers, local government and CSO actors at field and central levels.
- Write thematic report on protection of rights of IDPs, conflict affected persons, people on move, and asylum seekers.
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with field lawyers to conduct pilot cases and strategic litigation
- Attend thematic meetings, collaborate and coordinate with Protection Cluster on advocacy issues
- Ensure integration with other DRC programs
- Support the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises
We expect you to have minimum 2 years of practical experience in legal sector, preferably in an NGO setting.
Required experience and competencies:
- Degree in law from a reputable university.
- Field experience
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent English proficiency
- Fluency in Russian and Ukrainian
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 3 months with possibility of extension based on available funding.
Start date: ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to this link: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx?cid=1036&departmentId=19100&ProjectId=163810&MediaId=5 . Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 20 March 2022
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.